Having some food issues

motorhomemama
on 2/19/10 1:11 am - Okotoks, Canada
Hi , I haven't posted for ages but I need to start using this site again. I have lost about 70lbs since my banding in Nov 08 but I am really struggling with eating too much now.  The band doesn't seem to help much any more even though I have a good fill.  I think that it is all in my head and I need a boost to get going again and do the things that I know work.. I eat way to big a bite and can definitely eat more than a cup of food at a meal..I just don't seem to get that dull feeling anymore.
Any suggestions...I want to make this worka dnI still need to lose another 80lbs or so.  Thanks
Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Tom C.
on 2/19/10 5:28 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Here is a suggestion that has helped me. GET BACK TO THE BASICS !!

What I do (and suggest) pretend you just had the operation, and need to go through all the eating stages again. YES BEGIN WITH LIQUIDS, then process forward. While I do 1 week of each stage, you may want to do 3 - 5 days.

What you really want to do is DETOX your body from the refine sugars and bad carbs.

Also remember all your rules: Get your 64 ounces of liquids in; make sure you get in your allotted protein; eat your Protein first - followed by vegetables then GOOD carbs; no drinking during and/or 30 minutes before/after meals

Finally, know we're here for you. We're all traveling down the same roads, and every now and then we need someone to help us when we stumble

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hart1222
on 2/24/10 5:01 am
you seem to be in a better boat than i.  i had surgery nov 08 as well and only lost 50lbs and cant seem to get back on track. i have went for fills and they will not fill me any more because im still losing the recommended weight.  i was told to start a food journal and that kinda kick started my weight loss but i have fell back into my old routine and cant seem to get out of it this time hope everything works out for ya
Most Active