How many lbs did you lose before your first fill?

nutbat
on 2/16/10 9:23 pm
I've lost 27 but I am finding it difficult to stick to 1000 cals a day as my tummy heals. I've eaten as much as 1600, and my blood sugar numbers are beginning to rise again (scared!!!). What's normal?
Is there a normal?

lcjoslin
on 2/16/10 10:36 pm - Loveland, OH
I think you're doing great!  I'm two weeks and 1 day out and I've lost 5.  My first fill isn't until March 3rd.  Hopefully, I'll see a little more movement in the scale before then.  My dietician said that in the beginning, there's really not much restriction (except swelling) and that it can be slow going.

I wonder too - what is normal?
Considering_It
on 2/17/10 3:13 am, edited 2/17/10 3:17 am

I have lost 18 1/2 lbs as of this morning.  I am eating about 750 calories per day w/ soft foods and protein shakes.  It's not easy, I'm hungry at night, however I am being really careful because I am afraid of hurting my stomach and band.

First fill is 3/3/10 for me too!  Can't wait :)

aBeautyWithin
on 2/18/10 5:57 am

Im 2 weeks tomorrow and i am super hungry all the time. I too am scared to mess up the surgery so I limit my intake.  On another note, what protein shake do you drink???

follow your bliss..

Considering_It
on 2/18/10 8:58 pm
I use several so I don't get bored with the flavors.  I use Unjury Choc, Unjury Unflavored, Lean Dessert Choc Pudding, Lean Dessert Cinnamon Bun, Lean Dessert Vanilla and have Syntha 6 Choc PB and Syntha 6 Mochaccino for the days that my calories are on the low end.  Unjury is 100 cal, Lean Dessert is 150 and Syntha6 is 200 cals.

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/10 12:40 am - AZ
I remember well, I lost 33# in 33 days. ;o)
aBeautyWithin
on 2/18/10 5:53 am
i've lost 15lbs and tomorrow will be my 2nd week banded. I get my first fill march 9th.  I didnt have to do a post-op diet, i believe that is why i've lost that much weight.  I know the weight loss will drastically slow down.  However, I think everybody's weight loss is different.
follow your bliss..

Boston Bander
on 2/18/10 9:14 am
That's amazing!!!!  I lost 13 lbs in the first 6 weeks after surgery.  I actually lost that the first 4 weeks after...then I lost nothing the following 2 weeks.  I just had my first fill and things have picked up again...

nutbat
on 2/19/10 12:21 am
Hmm...looks like it's pretty variable among people. They refused to give me my first fill until next week (and I had to whine, they were pushing for two more weeks). But since my stomach has healed I am finding it really hard to stick to 1000 cals a day (as they recommended) especially since I try to get in at least an hour of cardio every day, and most days up to two.

At least I have a neat whey protein shake blender.
Life is a Beach
on 2/21/10 11:21 am
I could not get a fill for 90 days due to insurance but I've lost 38.5 lbs. We are all different and as is always said..."results not typical." You're doing great!!! :)
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Most Active