My First Fill

OneRedKansan41
on 2/16/10 1:34 pm
Hello. I have not posted here in a while. I have been a bit busy with work. Getting taxes taken care of. Anyhoo, I had my first fill today. I have a question that I did not get a chance to ask the surgeon. I had a fill of 3 ccs. What is a cc? I know it is a form of measurement, but that is all I know. Is 3 ccs a lot? Incidentally, it really did not hurt too much to get the fill. Just a little sting, thats a bout it. I still hate needles though.
nutbat
on 2/16/10 9:18 pm
Hi, I am scheduled to get my first fill tomorrow. I think there are two kinds of bands - 9cc and 11cc. You can think of cc as a unit. So it sounds like they kind of wanted to try you at a third full (I think most people have 9 cc?) and see how you do. I get the idea that the first fill is kind of a crapshoot. Good luck, and glad to hear it didn't hurt!
Tom C.
on 2/16/10 9:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Boring alert - CC stands for cubic centimeter - which is a metric way of measuring. 1 cc = 0.0338140227 US fluid ounces

If you want to convert cc into ounces, use this link

www.convertunits.com/from/cc/to/ounces

Realize comes in two (9cc and 11cc) and I think they may have a newer (bigger cc) one coming out soon.

As for is 3 cc’s a lot, it depends – do you feel restricted? If so much you can’t swallow, yes.  If you don’t feel anything, no. If it feel’s just right – then PREFECT !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
OneRedKansan41
on 2/18/10 8:56 am
Thanks, everyone!! So far everything seems to be ok.
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/10 12:41 am - AZ
There are 5cc in one teaspoon.
heidicat
on 2/17/10 9:44 am - Fultondale, AL

1 cc = 1ml  if you are more familiar with mls.

Most Active