3 days post-op with pressure from Hiatal Hernia Repair

CheeseheadChris
on 2/14/10 10:10 pm - Sandy Springs, GA
Has anyone experienced this?  I am doing fine otherwise, but have a heavy, burning pressure just underneath the end of the sternum.  I am assuming it is from the hiatal hernia repair - I know it is not cardiac. 
I called the office for a refill on my pain meds, used them up over the weekend.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris

heidicat
on 2/15/10 4:22 am - Fultondale, AL
I had more pain right below my sternum then anywhere else.  It was mostly gone at the end of 2 weeks though.

CheeseheadChris
on 2/15/10 4:54 am - Sandy Springs, GA
Were you able to take anything that helped?  This is pretty uncomfortable - I called and left a message with my Dr. office this morning at 8:30 and they have not called me back.

CheeseheadChris
on 2/15/10 8:33 am - Sandy Springs, GA
Update - got a call back from the Dr. office and they refilled my pain meds, feel much better now! 

heidicat
on 2/16/10 8:14 am - Fultondale, AL
I used all of my pain meds too and had to resort to Tylenol.  I am 4 weeks out and if I do too much during the day I still have some discomfort but it is getting less and less.

CheeseheadChris
on 2/16/10 10:33 am - Sandy Springs, GA
Thanks HC, it is getting better! 

chipgotitans
on 2/16/10 9:44 am - Knoxville, TN
 i had Hiatal Hernia repair plus the realize band 14 days ago.  Are you taking the chewable pecip?  Also move around carefully.  I was able to walk very slowly on the treadmill and this helped.  Never the less hang in there, it will get better.   
CheeseheadChris
on 2/16/10 10:35 am - Sandy Springs, GA
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, I am not taking pepcid, but I am chewing GasX which has helped.  I'm hanging in there and it is getting better!

MARIA F.
on 2/19/10 3:21 pm - Athens, GA
I had a hh repair with Dr. Hart during my wls also. I had no problems with it. He seems to be a great Dr.

Good luck! Hope u feel better!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

CheeseheadChris
on 2/20/10 9:09 am - Sandy Springs, GA
Hi Maria!  Thanks for your reply, I am feeling so much better now.  Looks like you are doing really well, I have lost some weight already and need to update my ticker!
Best Regards,
Chris

Most Active