Getting ready for Stage 3 Foods!

Considering_It
on 2/13/10 9:44 am
Ok, it's not until Monday, but I am really looking forward to eating some protein and staying full.  Just finished making chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad.  Anyone have some other ideas for stage 3?

Tom C.
on 2/13/10 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE INCREASING / CHANGING YOUR INTAKE/DIET

Depending what YOUR Doctor considers stage 3 – are you going into “soft" foods or if into a “regular" diet (solid foods)? If regular diet, you should be able to eat (almost) anything – but begin by cooking them soft, cut into small portions (ask yourself, would I give this piece to a baby?), and chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew- chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew (notice, it’s over 30 TIMES – make sure if feels like baby food in your mouth before you swallow).

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGING YOUR INTAKE/DIET

Here are some examples MY Doctor/Nutritionists suggested:

Low-fat cottage cheese

Low-fat/fat-free ricotta cheese

Low-fat/fat-free mozzarella cheese

Farina/Cream of Wheat/oatmeal (prepared with skim [Plus] milk) and made VERY THIN (should be able to pass through a strainer)

soft-cooked/scrambled egg (egg substitute)

canned/package tuna/salmon packed in WATER (moisten with low-fat mayo or mustard)

soft-bake/broiled/stewed chicken/fish (make sure you watch the bones)

low-fat deli meats/cold cuts

(light) Tofu

soft low-fat string cheese

cooked lentils/kidney beans/peas/legumes

low-fat refried beans

black bean/lentil soup (passed through a strainer)

soft cooked vegetables

canned fruits in “light" or “own" syrup

unsweetened/Natural applesauce

If solid: not only the above, but also try

Crock-pot meats (that’s how I eat my chicken)
egg/chicken salad with low-fat mayo

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Considering_It
on 2/14/10 2:11 am
Stage 3 is soft solids for me, and your suggestions are great.  I have a list of examples from my NUT as well. 
LOL about the chewing - I am working on that.
Randy Z.
on 2/14/10 3:36 am - Charlotte, NC
A couple things that helped me through the soft food phase are Taco Bell Pintos and Beans with cheese and a pizza from my NUT. Take 1/2 a whole wheat English muffin and toast it.  Then add peanut butter and light syrup to keep the PB from being soo sticky.  I also used to take a 1/2 whole wheat muffin - toasted - and add a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce and some LF cheese for a home made pizza. 

I still find the PB muffin helped with hunger, I now still have one for breakfast most mornings to help with that full feeling in the morning. Just remember to chew chew and chew some more. I occasionally forget and start gulping food down and my band is quick to remind me to slow down and chew.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

Considering_It
on 2/14/10 4:30 am
No Taco Bell around here, but I did buy some fatfree refried beans.  The pizza and PB toast sounds delish..but my NUT told me no bread, rice, or pasta so unfortunately, it's not something I can have.

Think of me though when you are eating the peanut butter english muffin.  I love warm peanut butter.

Thanks for responding :)
Most Active