I need some encouragement please

Zoey0317
on 2/11/10 4:33 am
I have started my full liquid diet as part of the pre op and I feel like I just want to eat something already. I have my surgery scheduled for 02/23/10 so this phase will be over soon and then onto the next phase. I guess I am just getting nervous that I will never get to taste the foods I love ever again. Any words of encouragement?
mrbillclark
on 2/11/10 6:50 am - Holbrook, MA
 You'll get to taste everything you love still. Just not taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em  and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em and taste em. You'll get to taste em in a normal person amount. 

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/11/10 7:42 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Zoey,
The liquid diet is ruff.  I am 16 weeks out and let me tell you.  Don't worry about all the food that you will not get to eat.  I am able to eat just about everything.  I do stay away for breads pasta, and rice.  I love sushi,  I can eat a little of it without problems. 
The 23rd will be here before you know it.  Good luck and think how healthy you are going to be.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

mrbillclark
on 2/13/10 5:59 am - Holbrook, MA
 Wendy, why do you stay away from breads, pasta and rice? Is it just for better weight loss or do those foods cause you some sort of discomfort?

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/13/10 8:51 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I was able to eat bread, pasta and rice at first.  I have a fill on Tue and the band really kicked in.  So is nice to see the band really works.  LOL
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Current weight 143  

mrbillclark
on 2/13/10 9:39 am - Holbrook, MA
 sorry still don't understand. What happens when you eat bread, pasta and rice? 

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/14/10 1:07 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22

After surgery and after I was cleared to eat real food.  I was able to eat bread, pasta and rice. I  really tried to limited the amount of the carb I ate.  I would measure out my meals and I was hungry after I ate the 2oz of protein and veggies. Last Tuesday I went in for my for my 4th fill. 
I had a bad stuck episode on just a little bite of lunch meat
It is not fun to go through the shimming and foamies that came along with it..  I now know that  my band is working and I don't want another stuck episode because it really hurts.
Have you started getting fills?   It  take me 4 fills to get to this restriction. 
Good luck and hope this helped. 

Wendy  

Current weight 143  

LoraJane
on 2/14/10 3:21 am - Cohutta, GA
Sorry for intruding but all three cause me major discomfort'  Was babded 6/2009  and I have not been able to tolerate bread at all.  Pasta and Rice is kind of hit and miss
Lora Jane        
heidicat
on 2/11/10 6:51 pm - Fultondale, AL
I am almost 4 weeks out and I know exactly how you feel!!  It is hard but it does not last forever--you can do anything for a couple of weeks!!  Keep going!!  You will be eating real food soon!!

Tom C.
on 2/11/10 9:53 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Zoey,

Know we've all gone through it - and we've come out of it a lot thinner then going in - and survived !!

We're here if you need us !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active