Questions About First Fill

heidicat
on 2/11/10 7:28 pm - Fultondale, AL
So I go for my first fill in a couple of weeks and I was wondering about how it works?  Do they deaden the area?  What does it feel like?

Tom C.
on 2/11/10 9:43 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Depending on the Doctor - you should feel a very slight pinch and that's it - and this is coming from a sissy :D !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
heidicat
on 2/12/10 5:10 am - Fultondale, AL
Thanks!  It sounds like a breeze!!

nkara
on 2/13/10 5:51 am

I agree that it depends on the patient and doctor. I didn't have any numbing and I was still sore from surgery so mine hurt.  But it lasted for like less than 1 minute so it's tolerable. 

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

OneRedKansan41
on 2/16/10 1:37 pm
I am a big baby when it comes to needles, and I had my first fill today. It did not hurt too much, just a slight sting and then it was over. !
Boston Bander
on 2/18/10 9:19 am
My NP didn't use any numbing ointment but honestly I didn't need it.  It wasn't any worse than a ***** from a blood test.  My NP did have to root around for the port but that didn't hurt either.  At that point the needle was in and the worst of it was over.

It's not bad - honest!!!

Most Active