Biggest Losers

Hill_Star
on 2/10/10 3:38 pm
Hi all...I started off wanting the Lap band...then changed it to have the gastric bypass. After being approved for gastric bypass and when it all hit me that it was really coming I panic and got soo terified of the thoughts of Gastric bypass only to talk to my doctor about doing the Lap band once again. Sooo....he's agreed that from what I'm telling him that gastric bypass isn't for me and that I should go ahead and give the Lap band a try. So What I would love to hear is stories about someone losing 100 pounds or more. I myself have a goal of losing atleast 177 pounds and I'm 360 now. Would love to hear how long it took...what your thoughts of Lap band are and if you regret it. Also would like to hear if anyone had any complications with their Band. Wishing everyone nothing but the best!

Sebrena

Tom C.
on 2/11/10 10:16 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I started off at 435 pounds. On my two week review I lost 17 pounds. On my one month review I lost an additional 30 pounds, for a total of 47 pounds. On my three month review I lost an additional 28 pounds. On May 21 I weighed myself and lost another 5+ pound. On July 11 weigh-in, I lost a total of 100 pounds. On February 28 (2009), I lost a total of 150 pounds. As of last weigh in (Tuesday) my total weight lost is 183 pounds.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Hill_Star
on 2/15/10 11:09 am
Oh Wow! I'm really proud of you. Thats greats. I only hope and pray I do that well. I'm having my Realize Band March 1st and I'm hoping that I can lose at least a little over half my goal which is 177 pounds. Who knows...I just might be able to do it. Keep up the hard work and keep me updated. You're doing great!!!!
Kenworthlady
on 2/16/10 2:13 am - KY
You can do this. Ask TOM, lol. he is such an inspiration to all of us here. Don't think about loseing half. Go for it and lose all that you have to lose.
Keep us posted on your surgery on March 1st. Let us know how you are doing.
And  check this site out every day. It has helped me so much, I get lifted up and know I can do this when I read about the other big losers on here.
GOOD LUCK............................................
kenworthlady            
Tom C.
on 2/16/10 4:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I agree with Kenworthlday, plan on losing ALL the weight you want. I would love to be 220. Will I ever get there, who knows - but at least that's my goal and having that goal keeps me focused and determine.

Remember, it's always best to shoot for the star. Even if you don't hit a star, but a planet - you'll still be OUT OF THIS WORLD with your achievement

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active