Pinchy Port Pain?

Considering_It
on 2/10/10 8:40 am
I have a (fading) bruise at the incision where the port was put in, and another bruise over where I believe the port to be.  When I twist or lean forward, I feel a pinchy pain in this area.  It's not horrendous, just a nagging kind of thing.  I don't know if it is more sensitive than normal due to the bruising.
Did/does anyone else experience this?  Does this sensation go away after you are fully healed?

Teresa C.
on 2/10/10 9:23 am
The surgeon's office told me today it may ache for 2 months and eventually I'd forget it was there!  I have a low profile lap port-it's AP lap band.  I got my first fill today and it was okay.  Not as bad as I imagined at all.
Terea

Teresa AKA tjcteacher

Ceithlenn
on 2/11/10 6:58 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13
I am at 3 weeks right now and can say that its not hurting or pinching as much but it was doing exactly what you discribed my bruises are almost completely gone now. Good Luck!

heidicat
on 2/11/10 6:54 pm - Fultondale, AL
I am almost 4 weeks out and I had some pain about like that almoat like a pulling sensation  anyway all gone now!!

Tammy G.
on 2/14/10 8:11 am - Indian Trail, NC
I am 4 weeks out - and have some pain as well.   It's like if I bend in a certain way I'm hitting something up against that port that creates some pain.    Very odd feeling.
melslongjourney
on 2/27/10 1:50 am
I had those same pains also feels like something pulling....well I talked to the surgeon about it and he told me its the hook like fasteners that are on all sizes of the realize band port, unlike I believe the lap band has sutures to fasten the port on the realize band does both. Its a odd feeling and it made me worry that something was wrong but it was just healing. He said once the scar tissue gets around the hooks that are put into muscle occurs and they are healed the pain will stop. I am 10 weeks out this week and I feel a slight twinge every now and again but its more than not gone. Hope this helps you.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Considering_It
on 2/27/10 6:17 am
Believe it or not, the pain went away this week, and I feel like I never had surgery!
Most Active