finding your sweet spot?

Alisha R.
on 2/10/10 5:11 am - Plant City, FL
How do you know when you reached your sweet spot? Im 5.5cc and I can eat more then I should be able too and Im hungry more often then I should be! So how do you know when you reached that sweet spot?? The reason Im asking is I havent lost much since my first fill and Im wondering why. I have a support group coming up this monday and wondering what questions I should be asking.  I felt like right after my fill that I was close to my sweet spot but I know Im not because I can eat a lot and I get hungry more quickly. What to do?!?
Alisha
Im in the 200's YAY!!!!
Come check out my clothing exchage site 
www.weightlossclothingexchange.blogspot.com 

andrea73
on 2/10/10 6:19 am
I am not there yet either.  I think we should be satisfied on 1/2-3/4 cup of food and stay satisfied for about 4 hours when we are there.  You should not be able to eat more than a cup of food.  My Dr said it can take 5-6 months to get there.  I get fill #3 on Monday and I am not there yet.  I have 7.5 CC in my band so far.   
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

nkara
on 2/10/10 12:05 pm
well depending on what I eat is the key.  I have 4cc's in my band and go for a second fill end of this month.  If I eat protein I am full longer. I can eat probably 1 cup or a little more.  I did meet with my nutritionist who told me to eat more of a variety of foods as well. I posted a food pyramid for band patients on here if you want to search for it.   I'm also full for about 4 sometimes 5 hours.  I've heard some people it takes 5, 6 or 7 fills so don't get discouraged.  This is a learning process for us all and I for one am enjoying the journey!
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Kenworthlady
on 2/10/10 1:21 pm - KY
I have 7. cc's in my band and I can eat way to much. I get hungry a lot too. I will go the 15th for another fill and hopefully this will get me on track.
I have been at a stand still for about 3 weeks, really frustrating. But I am happy that I havent gained any. and grateful for the pounds that I have lost.
Good luck to you.
kenworthlady            
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/11/10 7:28 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hang in there I had 7 cc in my band and would eat way to much.  I went in Tue and got .5 so now have a total of 7.5.  Dr. try more but it closed so tight nothing would go through.  I can really tell the difference now. I hope it stick for awhile.   
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

crystal M.
on 2/11/10 12:23 am - Joliet, IL
Don't be surprised if it takes you more than 6 months to get to your sweet spot.  My one year anniversary is coming up and I'm at 9.5 ccs.  I think I may need just a tad more and I will be there.  But it has been a long frustrating journey.  I wish someone would have told me it could take this long.  My doctor kept telling 3-5 fills and I'm now schedulling my 8th!!! 
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/11/10 7:35 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
It all depends on the person.  I went in on Tue got .5cc and now have a total of 7.5cc.  My Dr is aggressive on fills and he tried to put 1cc in but the band closed so tight nothing would go through.  I have all my fill done under fluro and the Dr can tell just how much restitution you have..  I can really tell the difference with this last fill, so hoping it will sticks around for a while. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Tom C.
on 2/11/10 10:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Everyone's sweet spot is different - but when you get there you'll know it. It will be tight enough that allows food to go through and keeps you feeling full longer.

But don't panic if your sweet spot disappears. This happens, and you'll need another fill. They way I explain it - image getting a belt and being on a notch and the pants stay on. Over time, if you keep losing weight that notch is no longer beneficial, and you need to go down another notch or two. Same with your stomach. As you lose weight, it shrinks and that notch that once was giving you that sweet-spot feeling now needs to be readjusted.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active