4 days post-op

tonishea
on 2/8/10 10:59 pm - NY
so i had my surgery on 2/5. everything went great, i even was able  to come home later that same day. everything is healing well. im drinking enough water & taking my vitiman. i only took the pain meds for the first day i was home. im having trouble getting in my calories and protein. im not hungry @ all.  im having trouble with full liquids. the thicker the consitancy the less likley i am to fini**** has anyone had this happen???? any suggestions????

nkara
on 2/9/10 12:03 am
 I was like that at first. Just wasn't hungry and couldn't finish a full protein shake.  Just do what you can for now and it will get easier.  Your still swollen inside from the band placement.  

Congratulations on your new band. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Considering_It
on 2/9/10 2:10 am
I was on clear liquids for the first week.  I just started (happily) full liquids yesterday.  Maybe you need to thin out your protein shakes  a little?  I haven't had a problem getting fluids in. 
melslongjourney
on 2/9/10 3:58 am
Glad everything went well. Like everyone else said it's trial and error. Somedays I don't get all my fluid/protien in but I try harder the next day to make sure I do. It's not easy you know when your dealing with normal day to day. The time I was home I did better than when I came back to work. If you have a costco members card they have a protein called premier protein it has 30 grams per drink at 11ozs with only 1 gram of sugar and 160 calories. It's good and when really cold tastes like a milkshake but not quite that thick. It's a 18 pack for $23.49 thats not bad for how expensive protien drinks are.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

chipgotitans
on 2/9/10 11:00 am - Knoxville, TN
 Hello - I had surgery on 2/4.  Everything did not go great at the Hospital as I stayed overnight because I also had a hatial Hernia that had to be dealt with before the Realize Band was inserted.

However, things have been pretty good since I've been home.  In terms of the your water intake, just try to "sip" your through it.  I have struggled a little with water intake, but i also know that if we do not take in enough water there could be Dire consequences.

I wish you best of luck on your journey and can hardly sleep at night when I think of the FUTURE!  
aBeautyWithin
on 2/9/10 12:18 pm
I too had my surgery done on 2/5.  I've been on only clear liquids- I havent taken any protein shakes yet. I believe I have to start mine on day 8.  I started getting really hungry today.  I lost 10lbs already..i guess the fat around the band has been decreasing therefore giving my band more space or my swelling has gone down immensely.   Its getting tough with the liquids. Wish I wasnt hungry... Good Luck.
follow your bliss..

tonishea
on 2/9/10 10:02 pm - NY
thanx everyone....yesterday was a lil better. hoping today will be than yesterday.....

Most Active