4+ years post op, questions?

sbrown6283
on 2/7/10 5:18 am - Fremont, CA
For everyone with at least 3 - 4 years post op, I have some questons. Any regrets, regain, complications, etc.? Any input would be appreciated!
Gloria S.
on 2/8/10 2:56 am - Lexington, MA
I am in my 4th year,  Since I was banded in the US, the only FDA approved band at the time was the Lap-Band(R), but most of my experiences are relevant regardless regardless of which band you choose.

I would do this again in a heartbeat, one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.  Maintaining a 90+ lb weight loss for over 2 years, have a normal BMI....Finally conquered my lifelong battle with my weight .. couldn't  be happier.  Love Banded Living!

Complications with bands do happen, but they are generally minor in nature. I think people post about them a lot on the boards looking for help and support, however if you look at the published stats the complications are rare, and usually minor, as long as you have good follow-up with a doctor you trust.   I did have a port replacement along the way - it was not a big deal (haven't blogged about that yet, but will soon); what I learned from that is how much my band really does help with hunger and satiety. 

Feel free to ask away, or you can check out my blog, including the interview my mentor and I did: The 7 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before Lap-Band surgery.  Here is the link www.gloriasbandedliving.com

Banded 8/16/2006; Dr. Billy, Ventura, CA; maintaining since 12/2007

For more lap band inspiration and information visit
www.bandedliving.com

Confused about whether or not surgery is for you, read my book "Is Lap Band Surgery for Me?, available on amazon
Most Active