Some advice needed, please

LillieGracesMom
on 2/6/10 12:06 am
Hi, I am scheduled to have the Realize band surgery on 3/4/10 and am trying to get samples of protein shakes/powders to try them before I commit and buy in bulk.  I have ordered Chike! samples and Unjury powder samples.  Does anyone out there recommend another brand that they particularly like?
Thanks for your advice.  It is greatly appreciated.

Considering_It
on 2/6/10 12:40 am
Hi :)  Me again :P
You can order lots of different samples from www.nashuanutrition.com
I found that I like Syntha-6 and Lean Dessert best.  Unfortuantely for me, Syntha-6 has too many calories, so I won't be using that one regularly.  Lean Dessert is a close second.  Best prices are at www.supplementwarehouse.com.  I returned the bottle of Syntha-6 I ordered at their cost, with no hassle. 

Get shopping :)
tramsdale1
on 2/6/10 2:20 am - Remington, VA
I liked the fruit flavored drinks.  Nectar is a good brand and you get small packets without buying a big jug. I also like Iso Pure but only in the powder form. I tried a few drinks before my surgery and then after the surgery I didn't like them.  The seemed too sweet.  It was like my taste buds had surgery.  And it is like that with many other foods too.  I think it is partly because of the surgery and partly because we a forced to slow down.  We take to time to taste the food and enjoy it.  Look on the Internet for samples and also The Vitamin shop is a good place to find a variety of drinks.
nkara
on 2/6/10 2:39 am
 If you go to www.vitalady.com they sell single serving samples for like $1 each.  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

mrbillclark
on 2/6/10 7:28 am - Holbrook, MA
 I'm very picky. The only thing I've found that I can eat is the PURE unflavored protein. Add it to drinks, pudding mixes and broth. Doesn't thicken it at all and can't tell its there. 

http://shop.bariatriceating.com/PURE-Unflavored-Protein-Isol ate--42-scoops-per-container_p_1-278.html

LillieGracesMom
on 2/6/10 11:27 am
Thanks to all who offered suggestions.  I've been trapped in the big snow storm that hit D.C. but I've been ordering various samples of protein powders from my computer.
Hopefully I'll find some that I like.

patti S.
on 2/7/10 3:02 am - Millsboro, DE
did you go to the snowball fight in Dupont Circle??
Patti S.            
LillieGracesMom
on 2/7/10 4:09 am
No, I'm actually 70 miles south and west of D.C.  We got hit with more snow than D.C., about 30 inches.  I'm tired of shovelling, for sure, but the kids have had a blast.

Kenworthlady
on 2/6/10 1:37 pm - KY
I like the designer Whey. French Vanilla flavor. It is sold at gnc store.
I liked other flavors before surgery , but after surgery my taste changed and that's the only one that I can use. And I mix it with my yogurt and it does well.
You might like V8 juice. I drink it sometimes in place of my veggies. Love the spicy V8
kenworthlady            
MISS_YADIRA
on 2/7/10 3:35 am

Hi, i just had my surgery back in late December. I really like the protein shakes that i am using. i get mine from my nutritionist but you can buy them online. For the milk shakes i drink Z-PRO 25, the chocolate flavor. It also come in vanilla but i did not like it. I also drink PROTI 15 which is more like a juice. These taste pretty good. My favorite flavors are wildberry and lemon. It also comes in mango, cramberry, and orange. Best of luck on your surgery. So far i have not had any problems. I have no regrets what so ever. it is a great tool that keeps me in check. Yadira

Most Active