Just Banded - Questions

auntie4755
on 2/1/10 3:56 pm - Riverbank, CA
Hi All..

Being newly banded and 1 week post op, I have some basic questions. I think I already have the answers, but I always like to double check. :)

1) - I think I've gotten over the hurdle..but did anyone experience really bad " head hunger" in the first few days?

2) I'm on liquids for 3 weeks. I'm one week down - any suggestions on mixing up the menu? I did bust out some blended spaghetti sauce...and that was great. I'm hoping to not get bored with my choices for the next 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Angela

Tom C.
on 2/1/10 5:09 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Angela,

I am two years out and still deal with head hunger. Sometimes when I feel hungry I stop and ask "is this real hunger or head hunger" then I realize if I am asking that question, it's head hunger.

As for liquids, it depends what your Doctor and/or Nutritionists recommends. I was able to have Skim (Plus) Milk, Vegetable Juice; Low-fat cream soups (made with Skim Milk); light smooth non-fat/no sugar added yogurt, sugar free/fat free pudding; smooth apple sauce (natural / no sugar added); non-fat Ricotta (I cannot take low-fat cottage cheese); low-fat broth; sugar-free Jello; sugar-free popsicles; unsweetended decafe ****) tea; etc. .. Hope this helps
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mrbillclark
on 2/1/10 9:23 pm - Holbrook, MA
 Thanks. They never told me I could have apple sauce or popsicles. That will give me something else to add over the next few weeks. I'm leaving for Hospital in 1/2 hour!!!

Tom C.
on 2/1/10 11:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Please before you eat something ask your Doctor and/or Nutritionists first. This is what was planned by MY Doctor/Nutritionists - yours may have different philosophies when it comes to what is and isn't acceptable. I would hate for you to have adverse results because you followed something I said, and didn't check it out first. 

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kenworthlady
on 2/2/10 11:33 am - KY
Great, glad your surgery is over and you are headed back home. You take it easy for a couple of days and drink lots of water, crystal light sf, kool=aids etc.
Keep us updated on your progress. Welcome to the losers bench
kenworthlady            
heidicat
on 2/1/10 10:07 pm - Fultondale, AL

I am two weeks out from being banded and I too am having "head hunger" BAD.  I asked kinda the same question a few days ago.  I was told that yes it does happen and since we don't have any restriction in our bands yet that we have to use old fashion will power.  I am wroking on mine at the moment.  We can do this--many others have and we can too!!  Hang in there.

Carnation Instant Breakfast No Sugar Added in skim milk is one of my faves and also puddings.  It helps me to drink alot of crystal light and or tea with splenda ect.

Most Active