Band Slippage

brnsugar91
on 1/29/10 3:29 am
I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said I have some slippage of band. He stated it is not bad but I may have to go back to surgery to have it fixed. He wants to see me again in six weeks. I and distraught about this. I have had my band for about 1 1/2 years and everything was working great until this slippage.

I am wondering why he wants me to return in six weeks. Is there a possibility that the slippage may correct itself. Does anyone know anything about this issue, if so please let me know.

nkara
on 1/30/10 9:03 am
How does he know or you know it slipped? 

I actually have read post's where some people just wait it out and I believe it can correct itself but I'm not positive.  Hopefully you won't need surgery again.  Sending good thoughts.
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

brnsugar91
on 1/31/10 2:51 am
Hello thanks for your reply.

My doctor does fills with a fluoroscope(sp) machine, this allows him to see the progression of the liquid they have you drink. I as well can see the fluid as it goes down my esophagus into my pouch and through the band. He noted some additional stomach above the band placement. However, he said it was not bad, but once he said he might have to take me to surgery I became nervous and distraught. I called and talked to the doctor's nurse and she said there would be a progression of things to do prior to going to surgery, and that the problem can correct itself. She also stated that if he gave me a fill the problem is not that severe. The things she said they could do is wait and see which is why I have to return in six weeks; if still too much stomach on top of band they can remove all the fill from the band and wait to see if it corrects, and I believe from there it would be surgery time - not quite sure though.

I feel a whole lot better once I talked with nurse, she did say that if I experience any wrenching, inability to keep food down, or vomiting to call and get in right away. These things can cause the band to slip further. So far so good no signs of wrenching, inability to keep food down, or vomiting.

leigh123
on 2/28/10 11:13 am
I was wondering if you could tell the band had slipped?? Did you have any indication at all?  I just had my surgery on Feb 19th and started soft foods a few days ago....I feel no restriction and have been so concerned that I've eaten too much ... therefore causing my band to slip...thoughts?
Most Active