2 year Band-versary

Tom C.
on 1/29/10 1:18 am, edited 1/29/10 1:40 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I was reluctant to write this, because I hate to seem boastful, but a few folks here said it may be beneficial to others – so here it is.

Two years ago today I finally took control of my own life, and had the Realize band operation. My Doctor was phenomenal, and the operation was flawless. I was home that same day, basically pain-free. Within 3 days I was back to “semi-normal". I mean semi-normal because I no longer had my hunger desires. The old Tom Casola died on the table, and a new one was born.

Well two years later, and I am happier than I have ever been. I am down 180 pound from when I started. Who would have thunk it?!?!?!? I will be honest, the fear of returning to 435 pounds remains constant with me every day – and I am happy for it. That fear keeps me “honest" and “focused".

But it’s not so much the lost that I celebrate, but all the GAINS !! I have gained: confidence; self worth; relationships (old and new); a wonderful group of friend from the boards and support groups; wonderful outlook on life and the future. It’s funny, every day I am glad to be “a loser" and “a gainer"!!

Thank you all who have, and continue to help me along this journey. I know I wouldn’t have been this successful without the help !!

Well thanks for taking time and reading this. I hope it’s not to self-serving !!

Know I am here for you !!! And as I say, I will be saving you a seat on the loser’s bench in our winner’s circle !!

Sincerely,

Tom Casola

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 1/29/10 3:26 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Congratulation on you 2 yr Bandversay.  You have done a wonderful job working you band.
Thanks for all the advice you give.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

LillieGracesMom
on 1/29/10 3:35 am
Congrats and I don't think your post was self-serving in the least.  I found it to be motivational.  I am having the REALIZE band on 3/4/2010 and I need to lose at least 125 pounds, hopefully more.  I feel like this board is really filled with positive people and love reading about everyone's personal journeys.
Keep up the good work and Happy Bandeversaryf!

gdawglady
on 1/29/10 7:41 am - Athens, GA
 Congrats!  I'm glad you posted.  It is post like yours that gave me the confidence to finally take control of my life and my weight.  I've always been "the fat kid" and now my health is suffering because of the weight.  I took control and have lost 21#'s pre-op and was banded on Tuesday!!!  Keep up your "boastful" posts!!!  It is very beneficial to people like me.
 Kristie
gdawglady    
Yelena K.
on 1/29/10 12:51 pm - Plymouth, MN
YOU.... ROCK.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

nkara
on 1/30/10 9:06 am
All of us need to hear the good and how wonderful Bandsters are doing. This is a wonderful accomplishment and I'm so happy to hear it. 

Keep up the good work and go ahead and boast away!  You earned it!
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

brnsugar91
on 1/31/10 3:01 am
Tom congratulations on taking control of your life. I am coming upon my two year anniversary in May. It was posts like yours and having the ability to call others that had the surgery that made me finally realize that I needed to control my life and find a way to help myself with the health issues that I had.

Tom thanks again and much more success for you in the future.

James M.
on 1/31/10 11:33 pm - SAGINAW, MN
Hey Tom;
way to go man.your story is not at all self-serving I think it is quite the opposite.you are generous enough to be sharing your success with others. we get encouragement and inspiration from stories like yours.

THANKYOU
MARTY

Life is a Beach
on 2/2/10 9:14 am
Tom
You rock! You were one of the first people I found helpful on these boards and I find you inspiring, kind, knowledgeable and so sensible. You are so successful but still so humble and want to share your success and knowledge with us all. I hope you know how much newbies like me appreciate it!
I wish you continued success on your journey!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
dvolumptious1
on 2/5/10 11:52 pm

Awesome, you're the leader of the band! Rock on!!!

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Most Active