?'s for women with PCOS

Happymomma
on 1/28/10 7:43 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi everyone,
  I was banded on 12/14.  I have suffered with PCOS for the past 15ish years.  I haven't ever really had a reg. cycle and havent' had a "visit" since I had my daughter 5.5 yrs. ago.  I also have an IUD that affects this as well.  But only 3 weeks after my surgery I got my "visit" and to top it off, it is back 10 days later.  In this time I have also had bronchitis really bad, and a viral/bacterial infection.  I just feel like my immune system is really messed up.  Anyone had this experiece?

Banded 12/14/09    
BooLicious
on 1/28/10 12:16 pm - PA
I can't really help you but if you go to the forums tab up top and go to the "medical conditions" there is a  PCOS board you can hit on.  You might be able to get some help there.  I hope you get some answers.  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Amanda L.
on 2/15/10 8:07 am
I have had PCOS since I was 16!!  I, like you rarely had periods unless I was on birth control or metformin.  I Had my surgery on 3/12/09.  I started on 3/15/09 and had periods on and off for MONTHS!!!  I would go for 5-6 days, then off 3-4days.  Over and over.  Between March and August, I never went more than 6 days without at least spotting. I tried 2 different types of birth control, nothing would help it.   Every time I would bring it up, I was told "it is normal with all this weight you are losing".  Finally, I griped enough about it that my doc did an iron test and I was anemic.  She put me on iron and referred me to my GYN doc.  I finally ended up having an endometrial ablation (I am done with babies).  Although I still had my period for another 8 weeks, it was lighter and more on and off like 2 days on 2 - 3 days off.  I now have not had another period for a month...The ablation completely stops periods in 60% of the people who have it, i am hoping I am one of those!!

I am not saying you have to go to this length, you may just be able to wait it out.  From what I understand it is quite commen after surgery to have period problems.  Good luck.

Includes 10 lb pre-op loss.
Most Active