The Pokey Little Puppy

Cathy B.
on 1/26/10 1:34 pm - Statham, GA
....or Living Life While Waiting For WLS.

It is a hurry-up-and-wait process, isn't it!!  I got some news today, though!  Got a big fat envelope from the surgeon's office with some information and a few dates.

Insurance Benefits confirmed with BCBS by surgeon's office for surgery and adjustments
Estimated amount owed by me (for surgeon's fees) = $0.00  (CYD met already!)

Upper GI                               2-9-10
Nutritionist Consult            2-9-10
Appointment w Surgeon   2-12-10
Start liquid diet                    2-14-10  (no valentine's candy for me.... AS IF.....)
Psyche Testing                   2-26-10
Apt with Psychologist        3-5-10

Everything looks like it is GO, so unless there's an anatomical problem with the upper GI, or unless the psychologist thinks I'm not a candidate, maybe I'm looking at a date in March.  At this point, insurance approval is just a formality.... but I KNOW how long that can drag on, even though I'm hoping it will go quickly.  I've worked in health care for 30 years, so I know how the ins. companies can be.  Maybe I'll get a break and it will be one of those "two-day" things instead of 3-4 weeks.  Maybe my surgeon will go ahead and schedule a date when I go in for the consult on 2-12.  Wouldn't that be just dandy??? 

Okay, I'm just rambling here.  Pretty excited today!!
Surgery date:  May 4, 2010!! 

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 1/27/10 4:08 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Cathy
 I'm so happy for you. Looks like you have a full plate in February.  Good luck with all your test pre op testing.  I think you will do just fine. 
Hope you get a quick approval from you insurance company.   
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active