Good Luck gdawglady!!

Cathy B.
on 1/26/10 12:45 am - Statham, GA

gdawglady is having her procedure today!!  Good luck!  Let us hear from you as soon as you're up to it!!

Surgery date:  May 4, 2010!! 

gdawglady
on 1/31/10 8:41 am - Athens, GA
 Hey Cathy.  I just saw your post.  I was home Tuesday by 4pm and slept most of the day.  Wednesday I was sore but moving around good and felt pretty good.  Thursday was the worst!!!  I was sore, lots of gas pain.  I forced myself to walk very slowly on the treadmill to help with the gas pain and kept sipping on my fluids.  Friday I was lots better and I even got out last night for a girls night out.  Let me tell you laughing gave my stomach muscles a work out.   I felt pretty good today. I'm not back to my full walking schedule yet but that will come with time.  I go back to work tomorrow.  I'm in an office so my job is pretty light duty.  I'll just have watch what I pick up.  I not suppose to lift over 5 pounds right now.    I'm almost afraid to step on the scales.  I don't want to be disappointed.  I figured I would give it at least a week before I started weighing myself again.  The best thing is my blood sugar levels seem to have normalized almost immediately!!!
 Kristie
gdawglady    
Cathy B.
on 1/31/10 8:47 am - Statham, GA
Congratulations!!!  It sounds like you have done simply fabulous!!  I've heard about that gas pain... and glad to hear the walking helped.  That's great about the blood sugar levels too. 

Did you order the OptiFast for your preop diet?  The lady at the website that Janet gave me told me that they had their own formula of it. 

I have a ton of questions for the nutritionist.  I go on Feb 9 for that.  I have my apt with Dr. M. on 2-12, but don't have my psyche until 2-26 and 3-5.  They said it could take up to three weeks after that point to get insurance approval, so I'm really confused as to when I need to start the liquid diet.  Maybe they will schedule the surgery for 3 weeks after the psyche... and hope to get ins approval... I guess I'll just hafta wait and see. 

Thanks for posting... I'm delighted to hear from you.  I had been wondering how it was going for you.  Good luck at work tomorrow!!!   Keep in touch!!

CathyB
Surgery date:  May 4, 2010!! 

Most Active