A question for the ladies

Considering_It
on 1/17/10 4:20 am
Will I be able to wear a bra after surgery...like home from the hospital?  Random crazy questions keep occuring to me, and this seems like the best place to ask.

Melanie Short
on 1/17/10 4:27 am - Hamilton, OH
I think it depends on your surgeon and the incisions. I just had my surgery last month, and one of my incisions was on my bra line. Most people on here though have said they had no incisions near the bra line. I don't think I wore one home from the hospital, but the next morning had to take my son to the Dr so I put a bandage over the incision and wore one then.
Hope this helps a little...
Melanie
Melanie    
Life is a Beach
on 1/17/10 8:35 am
It wasn't a problem for me. :)
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
MISS_YADIRA
on 1/17/10 10:20 am
I had my surgery last month. None of my incisions were near the bra line so i was able to wear mine on when i went home. Best of luck on your surgery!
Dedi
on 1/17/10 11:32 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
mine is below the bra line, however I didn't feel like wearing it home...  I just wanted to get out of the hosptial and get into my bed.

Hope that helps...

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Kelslaw
on 1/17/10 1:58 pm
I wore one home. 

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
nkara
on 1/18/10 2:39 am
 One of my incisions was on the bra line so I didn't wear one.. but I also came home in my johnie  I was too damn sore to get dressed and just wrapped a blanket around me and the johnie and I also took a pillow to hold to my stomach.  I didn't start wearing a bra again till I returned to work 6 weeks later. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Cathy B.
on 1/18/10 4:23 am - Statham, GA
Nkara, if you don't mind my asking... was there another contributing factor that required you to be out of work for six weeks?  (you don't have to say what it was)  I'm just wondering, as I was told you could return to work in about a week.  Thanks for the info!!
Surgery date:  May 4, 2010!! 

Tammy G.
on 1/18/10 4:02 am - Indian Trail, NC
Hi - I had my surgery last Friday, Jan 15th.  One my incisions were on my bra line.   I took a sports bra with me but didn't wear it home.   Since I got home I've been wearing the sports bra to keep my breast off the incision area.    Some also mentioned taking a pillow with you to hold on your stomach on the way home - EXCELLENT idea.
nkara
on 1/18/10 8:34 am
Oh I don't mind answering any questions. 

I was out because of the type of job. I'm a CNA in a hospital and there is no way I could have gone back to work bending and lifting patients all day.  I was very grateful for the time off to heal properly. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active