Burping, the sweet spot, and feeling full oh my...

Dedi
on 1/16/10 4:26 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
How do you know when you are full?  I think I'm full sometimes but just quit eating because I'm tired of chewing. 

I finally got to a point where I am feeling the restriction 8.5 ccs, I kinda think it is too much but I am not sure.  The weight has been falling off of me this week.

I have noticed since my last fill on Monday I am burping a lot but its not after I have been eating, its like with every bite and sometimes when I am drinking water.  Nothing comes up with it so its not a throw-up type.

I have also noticed food seems to get stuck, a lot.  It is the worst pain I have ever felt.  I try to take smaller and smaller bites.

Again the main point to all of this is how do you know when you are full?  Others have said they start burping, but as I mentioned I burp as I begin to eat or drink.

Also how do you know if your band is too full?

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

PSJ71
on 1/16/10 8:07 pm - Blanchard, OK
You know, Dedi. I am sort of like you in that every time I take a bit and swallow I get this bubble of air the comes up and it makes a noise in my throat. I also get stuck if I take too big of bites and don't chew well. I thought I might be too tight, but I am still not sure. I can tell I have some restriction because of the stuck episodes and also when I drink water, I can feel it go into the bottom half of my stomach a lot more slowly than before my last fill.

As for knowing when you are "full" I have no idea either. I just stop eating if I get stuck or if I finish my portions. I feel okay, I don't have that "full" feeling, but I don't feel like I need to eat anymore either. So, maybe.... I had a 5-pound weight loss this week, but I attribute this more to following a strict low carb diet rather than anything else though. I do notice though that I will get a "stuck" if I go past my hiccup. I usually hiccup if I eat a pretty good dinner. I "think" this is my soft stop, because once or twice I have gone a little past that and ended up having a stuck episode.

It's just hard to know sometimes, I know.

Good luck,

Paulette
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Dedi
on 1/17/10 7:06 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
Thanks Paulette... you seem to be experiencing what I am.  I am glad to know I'm not the only one. 

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

wildheart63
on 1/18/10 3:10 am - IL
i have 8.4cc in my 9cc band..i have great restriction, i am full after a few bites,sometimes, then sometimes i can eat 1/2 to 3/4 cup and then i am done....you will know if you are too tight if the food or drink comes back up....make sure you are taking eraser(pencil) size bites.....
Lori

Most Active