weight stalling

Kelslaw
on 1/9/10 1:42 pm
accidentally posted this on the lap band page thinking I was on the realize band page OOPs.

WEll I was prepared mentally for a stall in weightloss, after all I did the pre-op diet to a tee and then was on liquids only for a week afterwards, I was bound to lose weight and I did!  But it has stopped.  It isn't frustrating me, I know it will pick up but I am wondering why it has stopped so soon, not even two full weeks after being banded.

Could it be that my body is going through a starvation mode and hanging on to all the fat for dear life?  Anyone else have this?  Again, I am not complaining, very proud of what I have accomplished thus far, just suprised by how quickly it has stopped.  I haven't lost anything since monday.  The same .5 pound has been coming and going for the last 6 days. 

Just curious.  I am in the pureed foods stage and am now getting most all of my protein in through protein shakes, which are low cal and mostly zero or very low carb.  Other things I have are sugar free and I am getting more than the 64 oz required of water/liquid in me.  I am exercising as well, just walking right now.  I had some issues with getting a reaction to the adhesive and steri-strips (it was a second degree burn basically...unforseen) and so not all have healed yet.  Waiting for them to heal before really starting to work out. 

thanks.

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
nkara
on 1/10/10 12:10 am
 very common I've heard. I'm a slow looser so I expect to be in this for the long haul till I reach goal.  I have also been told from previous bandsters that it goes slow until you've had a few fills and then it just falls off... we'll see if that's true.  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

BooLicious
on 1/11/10 12:10 pm - PA
Very common and normal, so rest assured.  I think it's frustrating, but it seems many bandsters do go through it.  Just keep doing what your doing and it will start moving again.  Hang in there! 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active