MISS_YADIRA
on 1/8/10 10:41 am

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this site earlier this week and i really like it. My name is Yadira. I am 39, single and no kids. I just had my surgery on 12/21/09-so far so good. I started the process back in May09 and i finally got approval in late October. I had to wait to have my surgery because i was in the process of moving from San Antonio to Tampa because of work. Once i got settled in, i found a really good surgeon right away. I was able to have my surgery within 3 weeks of setting up my initial appointment with him. Back in May i weighed 296-298 lb. By late November i was down to 276. I was able to get down to 264 by my surgery date. I feel really good right now.  I already feel like i have more energy. One week out at my first doc's visit i was only at 260. Today my scale is showing 248.5!  It is going slow but not bad. I feel pretty good because i have not had any side affects at all so far. I have one more week on liquids before i can start my next phase of food.  Being on the liquid diet was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but i am so ready for the next phase. I look forward to chatting and making friends. Everyone seems really great at providing support! Yadira

My starting weight back in May 2009 when i started getting reading for my surgery was 296-298 lbs. The friday before surgery my weight was 264lbs.

BooLicious
on 1/8/10 10:50 am - PA

Welcome Yadira!!!  Congratulations on your band and a new lease on life.  I don't think your loss has been a slow go, sounds like you are doing fantastic.  Keep it up and don't be a stranger.  Welcome to the board.  :D

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

patti S.
on 1/8/10 9:29 pm - Millsboro, DE
welcome, keep us posted, I have a couple months yet before my surgery, I like hearing about everyone's experience with this band. keep up the good work!!!
Patti S.            
juliatettleton
on 1/9/10 2:23 pm - Arlington, TX
Welcome! I had my surgery Dec. 23rd! I am the same, I didn't either. I am ready for that full feeling, but I don't have it yet. I look forward to watching your progress!

OneRedKansan41
on 1/10/10 1:22 pm
On January 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM Pacific Time, MISS_YADIRA wrote:

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this site earlier this week and i really like it. My name is Yadira. I am 39, single and no kids. I just had my surgery on 12/21/09-so far so good. I started the process back in May09 and i finally got approval in late October. I had to wait to have my surgery because i was in the process of moving from San Antonio to Tampa because of work. Once i got settled in, i found a really good surgeon right away. I was able to have my surgery within 3 weeks of setting up my initial appointment with him. Back in May i weighed 296-298 lb. By late November i was down to 276. I was able to get down to 264 by my surgery date. I feel really good right now.  I already feel like i have more energy. One week out at my first doc's visit i was only at 260. Today my scale is showing 248.5!  It is going slow but not bad. I feel pretty good because i have not had any side affects at all so far. I have one more week on liquids before i can start my next phase of food.  Being on the liquid diet was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but i am so ready for the next phase. I look forward to chatting and making friends. Everyone seems really great at providing support! Yadira

Welcome to the board, and congrats on the weight loss! My name is Heather. I was banded myself on Dec 10 2009. You are right , it is a big change. I think it is worth it.
Kenworthlady
on 1/11/10 2:28 am - KY
Hi Yadira sounds like you are doing great. I had my surgery on Sept. 24th. So far I have lost a total of 33 lbs. I love my band.. losing slowly but surely.........................
kenworthlady            
Most Active