Incisions healed but my port is hurting?

Alisha R.
on 1/7/10 11:55 am - Plant City, FL
Ok here is my question! I have a realize band and Im 2 weeks out. My incisions are all healed but my port incision is hurting! I dont know if thats natural but it hurts internally! Has anyone else had this problem. That incision isnt red or infected at all so what is up? PLEASE HELP!!!
Alisha
Im in the 200's YAY!!!!
Come check out my clothing exchage site 
www.weightlossclothingexchange.blogspot.com 

Randy Z.
on 1/7/10 7:40 pm - Charlotte, NC
 Is it the incision or the muscles right next to the port?  I am over 2 months out and the muscles next to my port still hurt at times.  I don't know if I pulled of the clamps off or what. But it does not sit totally flat. I stayed on the 10 pound restriction for about 2 months. But I sat up in bed one time really fast and that was the first time that it started hurting.

I do know that most people, after a few weeks, it there is no pain, some it starts after several weeks, and then a few of us, it tends to hurt for longer. I have had my surgeon look at it 2 times and he says it looks ok.  I have been taking extra strength tylenol to help with the pain. Swelling on the port area went down, but then so did the natural swelling that I had around the band. The swelling in the band kind of gave me a natural sweet spot and I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks, without having a fill.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

livis_mama
on 1/7/10 9:35 pm - Kinston, NC
Your port site is probably sore because the muscle that it is in is still sore.  You should be going back to see your doctor in a couple weeks.  If it is still bothering you just let him know.  He can check it and reassure you if everything is fine.  I had the same problem in the beginning.  I'm 7 months out and everything is perfectly fine now.
melslongjourney
on 1/8/10 12:16 am
Alisha,
I am having the same thing not on the incision itself for the port by kinda inbetween. I have also had that move too quickly pain too. I am 4 weeks post op and I haven"t had that pain as much as before. I have not been able to wear jeans or dress pants because they seemed to make that pain worse when I was sitting. So I thought something was wrong with my port at first but I think it may be the fastners that attach the port to us. I will ask my surgeon on the next appt what I am feeling and let you know what he said. I have been really lucky and have been able to wear comfy sweats/lounge wear pretty much everyday. I  work in a professional office but have been not taking clients to let myself catch up so no one cares what I wear at the moment.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

nkara
on 1/8/10 1:23 am
 Very normal for the port area to hurt.  Mine hurt for almost 6 weeks.   Don't forget it was sewn into a muscle in your stomach.  

You'll be fine in no time!   Here's something that helped me.  I used a heating pad and it worked wonders.  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

BooLicious
on 1/8/10 10:24 am - PA
Sounds normal to me, but if you are concerned just give your Dr. a call, it won't hurt anyone.  :) 

My port actually didn't start to hurt till around the 2nd week which I thought was strange.  I expected it to be sore right out of surgery and while it was a little sore, it started to hurt later as other things were feeling better.  It does get better though.  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

dvolumptious1
on 1/9/10 11:48 pm
It took a month or more for my port site to heal because of the  fact that the port is fixed to the muscle and we have to use abdominal movements with almost every move we make so it felt like my port was being ripped out at times. I would get scared, look down, and expect to see blood or something but I thinks its the scar tissue forming and breaking up and reforming when you haven't moved enough. I have no problems now. The port is secure and no more ripping pains.
Most Active