finally approved

tonishea
on 1/7/10 6:47 am - NY
i finally got approved!!!!!! im am sooo thrilled!!!! and yet so nervous......feb 5 2010!!!!!! i cant wait!!! im just wondering how i am going to feel after. can u feel the band before the first fill??? god....sooo many questions!!!! wish me luck!!!!

Considering_It
on 1/7/10 6:56 am
Congrats!  I found out today that I am approved too, and am waiting to speak to my doctor's office to schedule the surgery.  I have to have the surgery by 4/5/10.
tonishea
on 1/7/10 7:20 am - NY
that'z awsome!!!!! everytime the phone rang i was praying it was going to be the dr!!! best of luck to u!!!

BooLicious
on 1/7/10 10:09 am - PA
Congrats to you too!!!  We love to add some more losers around here!  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Melanie Short
on 1/7/10 7:23 am - Hamilton, OH

Congrats!!! I can tell that I have the band in and I go for my first fill tomorrow. I am really excited about going for the fill. I do however have some restriction already, but everyone is different. I have seen some people on here say they have had no restriction until they have had a few fills. My doctor said that usually what they consider the lighter weights it takes more fills to feal restriction but I am not sure how accurate that is. He said I am considered a light weight my bmi was 41 when I started going to him it is now 37 but I felt restriction right away, so who knows??? but Good Luck!!!! I'm sure you will do great!!

Melanie    
BooLicious
on 1/7/10 10:09 am - PA

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  It really is so different for everyone.  I had some natural restriction from the band from the gitgo, but my Dr. says it's wears off within 2 weeks for most people.  I have 5 cc's in it now (2 fills) and my hunger is under control.  Don't forget we still are in control of what we eat though, so you do have to have some discipline.

The best advice I can give to you would be to not stop reading till your surgery.  Get a book, read and read and read on here, get a diet book.  It really will help prepare you for this journey so that you are ready and prepared post op.  It's a tough transition, but it's doable and you will feel so great. 

Good luck and keep us posted!!  You'll be on the losers bench in no time!!

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

tonishea
on 1/12/10 10:15 pm - NY
thanx for the advice and words of encouragement!!!! i have a bunch of books on low cal diets & exercise(so worried about saggy loose skin). im looking for a good firming cream to help, anyone have any secret weapons i should know about....lol

Tom C.
on 1/14/10 1:58 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Congrats !! I am polishing your seat on the loser's bench in our Winner's circle !!

And have fun on the Weight Loss Surgery roller-coaster. Remember, there will be many ups, and some downs - but in the end it all works out !! 

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active