SWEET SPOT (HOW DO YOU KNOW)(SO FRUSTRATED!)

BLESSINGS1
on 1/7/10 3:43 am - PROVIDENCE, RI
HI FOLKS!!
I HAD A 9 CC REALIZE LAP BAND PUT IN 4 MONTHS AGO AND I'VE LOST ONLY 30 LBS BUT I'M STILL VERY HAPPY WITH THE 30 BUT MY QUESTION IS, I'VE HAD TWO FILLS, I NOW HAVE 6.5CC IN MY BAND AND I WICKEDLY NEED TO KNOW WHEN A PERSON FEELS LIKE THEY HAVE REACHED THEIR SWEET SPOT AND THEY JUST KNOW THAT THEIR WEIGHT IS COMING OF STEADILY AND SLOWLY BUT ALWAYS COMING OFF AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S JUST 1 OR 2 LBS A WEEK BUT I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING, I'M GOING NUTS HERE.  I'M HAPPY I'VE LOST 30 POUNDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE MORE THAN 5 POUNDS A MONTH AND SOMETIMES IT'S WEEKS BEFORE I SEE EVEN A ONE OR TWO POUND DIFFERENCE.  I BARELY EAT NOW AND I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT MY BODY IS IN STARVATION MODE SO THAT'S WHY I'M STUCK AT 30 LBS BUT WON'T IT STILL EVENTUALLY COME OFF AT SOME POINT EVEN IF I'M "STUCK IN STARVATION" MODE?  I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE FOLKS.  PLEASE BURN MY EAR WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCE, I WELCOME ONE AND ALL.  TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS!!! 
Twinels2
on 1/7/10 6:20 am - Morgantown , PA
Well I am pre op but, I can tell you what I have learned. Eat your protien and get your fluids. You must eat to lose. It sounds crazy but, if you stay in starvation mode your not doing your body or your weightloss any favors. The protien is key. If you can't eat much at least get your protien and fluids in. It will happen just follow the plan. Keep coming here for support and get in some activity too. I hope this helps. I know how fustrating it can be to starve and feel like your working hard and getting no where but, I am sure you are moving in the right directio1n1 ieve1n if it is slow.
Sharon

KathyM38
on 1/7/10 7:31 am - Sandwich, IL
Sharon is right.  You definitely need to eat enough or your body will just keep holding onto the extra pounds because it's afraid it's not going to get enough.  I just went to my one month follow up nutrition class and the nurse discussed this a bit.  Keep eating your protein and follow the plan your surgeon has set up for you.  Enough protein and water are the key to taking off those pounds!  Congrats on your loss so far!!

Kathy

BooLicious
on 1/7/10 10:16 am - PA
Both posts above are so right.  You have to eat and you need to get your mindset into a healthy mentality that will stick with you for life.  Starving yourself too loose the most you can real fast is not the way, nor is it what the band was intended for.  The band WAS intended to loose 1-2 pounds a week.  I've even seen some say .5 a week.  I know we all want it off quick, I am at fault myself for that too.  :(  However, we need to keep what is important and learning to live healthy at the top and if we do that then the weight will fall off.  You should find out how many calories your Dr. wants you to hit and start hitting that every day.  Also, try and get some form of exercise in , that will be something that will help boost the weight loss.  Most important, focus on that protein...60-80 grams a day.  Go back to the band rules and follow them and then see what happens, you may be surprised but actually eating and doing it healthy the scale might start moving again.  I hope it does for you, cause it's so frustrating to be stuck.  I know I have seen posters talk about that Plateau Busters diet, you could try something like that to jumpstart back into the band rules.  Keep your head up though, 30 pounds is GREAT and it's 30 pounds you no longer have to loose.  So, with it being a new year...grab a new perspective and change it up.  You can do it and that scale will start to move again, even if it's bit by bit...it really does add up! 

Hang in there!  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

nkara
on 1/8/10 1:31 am
 I have the same habit of not eating enough.  If your eating under 900 calories a day or less  your body will go into starvation mode.  You need to eat to loose. Your metabolism will slow down and you won't loose.   

Measure your food, write it down, use those online calorie counters to help you. I find that fitday.com helps keep me in line.  With calories, portions, vitamins, etc. 

30 lbs is awesome!  Don't get discouraged yet. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active