I need some advice on what to do

dads_girl_32180
on 1/6/10 9:08 am
I need a little advice before I travel 3 hours for a fill on Monday.. I'm not really sure what cc I'm at but I would say at least 6-7 or something like that. It will be a year in Feb since my band surgery. Some days I can never get full. I mean some days I can eat all day long and I mean big portions and never get full and then there are days like today. I couldn't eat anything because I would take one bite and it would be stuck for hours. The last fill I got I was too tight and had to go back and have it removed. The Dr. said that he would give me a .5cc this time if I wanted it and see if that would help but he didn't think I was ready for a whole cc so he took it out. Should I go back on Monday and try to get the .5cc and see if that helps or do you think I'm already restricted enough? I don't know what to do... I had only lost a litle bit since surgery and I've gained all of it back and then some more on top of that grrrrr. I just need some advice..
BooLicious
on 1/6/10 10:30 am - PA

If it was me, I would get the fill.  :)

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

dads_girl_32180
on 1/6/10 10:32 am
Thanks sooo much for your reply. I've waited for hours on somebody to just reply back to me lol.. Thanks again for taking the time to read my post.
donnarickman
on 1/8/10 5:02 am - Ontario, CA
I would get the fill too!  I know Im a day late (a dollar short) but we are all pulling for you!!!  Let us know what happens!!!
Donna

nkara
on 1/7/10 1:40 am
 I tend to agree with Boo - I would get the fill as well. 

Let us know how you make out. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

dads_girl_32180
on 1/7/10 2:31 am
Thanks for the reply nkara. I just didn't know what to do because I don't want to be too tight again but at the same time you want to be tight enough. I got weighed today and I've GAINED 25 pounds in the last 4 months. I mean I've got to do something here and there is nobody to blame but myself I know that. Maybe this fill will give me the feeling I'm looking for....Thanks again for taking the time to read my post..
dads_girl_32180
on 1/7/10 10:00 am
Thanks for the reply but what is a fill under fluoroscope? I've never heard of that. I am willing to try anything though so thanks for your reply.
Tom C.
on 1/7/10 6:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since you travel 3 hours for a fill this is my advice. See if you're Doctor can do the fill under fluoroscope. While it may be more expensive, your insurance may cover it - and it's the best way to actually tell your restriction.

Now if that can't be done, then I would suggest doing the .5cc over the 1cc - here's why .. if you're too tight, and can't keep anything down you will need to travel back 3 hours to get unfill. An over-tightest is the worst feeling - especially if you're so tight you can't keep water down.

Good luck - and let us know how you do.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active