Is this band a gimmick or what?????

dmstear
on 1/9/10 12:12 pm
It took you 11 months to get restriction?? WOW! I am 5 months out and not losing anything...so I guess there is still hope for me? I am sooooooo frustrated. I have 5 or 6 cc's in my band and I do get stuck if I eat too fast or don't chew well, but if I wait 3-5 mins, it slips through and I continure to eat like normal. What happens at the sweet spot? Does it feel stuck and never go down?? I don't know what it's supposed to feel like!! HELP! And congrats to you.
nkara
on 1/7/10 1:45 am
 All very encouraging for the OP and me.  

It's funny because last night at work I had 4 oz or tuna but couldn't fini**** So I had 2 oz and then I had a pudding.  That was about 7 pm and then I was hungry at around 11 pm when I left work.  Is that normal?  Oh and yes I work second shift so that's my schedule.  

I'm hoping I will start to loose more consistently but so far it's very very slow. I go for a second fill February 26th.   

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

peachwood
on 1/7/10 11:49 am - Milltown, NJ
 Initially I was disillusion by the band.  I had only lost about 25# in a seven month period.  During that time I had one 8CC fill. The restritction only lasted about 8 weeks.  The second fill (2.2cc) did the trick.  I sometimes think of Sept 16th as my band date because that is when I started to consistantly lose  weight.  For some of us it can take time but be patient.  It does work. 

ulandabrown
on 1/15/10 11:24 am

I feel like I wrote your post. This is exactly what I have experienced. I have been beating myself up about it too. I feel like I can eat too much, much more that I expected. I think I need to hear that I am not the only one.  I was starting to feel hopeless. I realize I need to be more deliberate about my choices.  If there are any suggestions that any one thinks will help I would appreciate it.

Most Active