Trying to hang in there..........

waterflowers2009
on 1/3/10 8:37 am
realize banded in July...lost ok.
then I discovered I could eat anything, I have never gotten sick, not even one time.
it feels like I never got banded at all.
I have had 2 fills, and my surgeon says I have head hunger, but I hear my stomach growling. Going to try to go back to gym, I stopped when I got the flu and work got crazy.
Since the holidays, I was bad and over ate!  gained 8 pounds and my doctor says hang in there, now I think I need some diet pills, because I feel hungry, and have felt hunger from day one.
seems like it takes a lot of food for me to fill up.  I was an old weigh****chers member, and sometimes I wish there was a support group to go to like that.

this sounds dumb, but anyone have a daily food plan that works good?
I was just gonna go back to shakes and protein based foods.
Thanks!

Sunshine Girl

knowgr8rlove
on 1/3/10 12:05 pm

DO hang in there.  I  was banded at the same time you were.  I felt the same way as you until my third fill in October.  I have the newest version of the Realize Band and the tech who does my fills explained how it holds ALOT.  The third fill was suddenly very extreme.  I was used to being able to eat after the first two fills so I just assumed the third would be the same.  WRONG.

I don't ever eat anything early in the morning.  I just can't get anything down.  Late morning I eat a scrambled egg, and a glass of OJ with One A Day's energy powder mixed in.  This seems to satisfy me until lunch, when I eat some cheese, a well chewed apple or a cup of Wendy's chili if I'm on the road and forced to eat out.

Dinner has been pretty much exploring different ways to eat fish.  Fish for some reason works really well for me.  I also have come up with some recipes for rice and black beans as a side dish, with a little green salad for dessert.  I treat myself once a day with low cal, low fat Jello pudding (60 calories). 

I haven't had a soda for over 6 months.  I drink Vitamin Water (the 10 calorie version) and lots of water. 

I do alot of internet searches for fish recipes and healthy side dishes.  I have been a "foodie" for years and the hardest part of this journey is feeling like I can't enjoy food the way I used to.  My answer is to cook healthy nutritious meals for my family and friends.

waterflowers2009
on 1/3/10 3:54 pm
thanks so much.
you inspired me and thank you for your encouragement.
Maybe that 3rd fill will do the trick.
I kinda want to at least lose the 8 pounds i gained before going back to the surgeon, I feel so guilty, kinda like a wash up.

Thank you again, tomorrow is a new day.=)

Sunshine Girl

nkara
on 1/4/10 1:36 am
 I agree with the previous poster. Hang in there. I have only had one fill and I have not gotten sick yet (knock on wood) but I do feel restriction for the most part.   I have days where I'm hungrier though so I'm not completely at my "sweet spot" yet.   I would suggest eating protein for the most part. That's what I'm doing and it really is better.  Keeps me full longer.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

BooLicious
on 1/4/10 12:23 pm - PA

Why is he not filling you?  You sound like you need a fill.  I'm no Dr. but hunger, no weight loss  and no restriction means you need to start getting fills!!!! 

Hang in there and keep following the rules, but go get a fill.  You need the fills for the band to work.  Definitely get back to the protein and if you need a shake or two then do it.  I drink a shake every am on my way to work. It's a quick 30 grams and it works for me.  :) 

Keep your chin up!  :D  Your loss is not over, it's just getting ready to start back up again!!!    Go get that fill!!!!  :)

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

dads_girl_32180
on 1/6/10 9:21 am
I know how you feel about gaining weight but I have probably gained about 20 pounds or more so don't sweat over you 8..  You will get it off soon I'm sure. My problems also started when I realized that I could eat anything I wanted. I just really don't know if I need a fill or if I need to just star****ching what I eat. I'm going to start something like now. I ordered my protein powder and it's finally here so I'm ready to get back on track. Some days I'm full of restriction and some days I'm not that is why I'm wondering if I should get a .5cc fill and see if that might put me to where I need to be. Last time I got a 1cc fill they had to remove it. I could barely get down liquids. Just not sure what to do on my end. Good Luck and hand in there. You CAN do this! I've seen too many people losing weight for this band not to work :)
Most Active