2 weeks since banding - lost 20 lbs, can't get ****y

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/10 1:20 am
My realize banding was 12/18 so it's been 2 weeks since banding and I've lost 20 lbs but this is no time to get ****y. That has gotten me into trouble before. Yesterday I road 50 miles on my bike, so exercise is no problem. My goal is 6000 cycling miles this year On two occasions, I've eaten or consumed too much food or liquid and felt very nauseated, but did not vomit, thank goodness. I just ate too much, too fast. I am anxious for my first fill because I feel hungry. My food diary indicates I am consuming less than 1000 calories per day. I am losing weight too fast IMO. I fear that I can't get back to a reasonable diet without overeating, unless I get that fill. For me it seems that it's one extreme or the other.  
Kelslaw
on 1/2/10 3:43 pm
 congrats on the 20 pounds.  It is hard not to get ****y when it happens so fast.   Good luck with everything.  i am sure the weight will slow once your body adjust, that is until you get a good fill in you.

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
Randy Z.
on 1/2/10 5:06 pm - Charlotte, NC
Congrats on the weight loss. You can't be eatting too much with that kind of loss. When it comes to hunger, I usually find it is because I have increased the number of fat grams and carbs that I am eating.  Protein will tend to stay with you longer and help with my hunger.  I do my snacks during the work week, pretty much a chicken breast or a flakey fish or a protein shake. Right before my first fill, I found my self back on the cookies and ice cream. I looked at what I had been eating, and sure enough my protein levels were down. I went back to 55 to 60 grams of protein during the week before. I generally try for about 85 to 90 grams and I do not exercise that much. But if you are doing that much exercising, you may definately want more than the usual 60 grams of protein.

HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

nkara
on 1/3/10 12:36 am
 That's awesome on the 20lbs.  

I'm only down 15 lbs and it's been since November 12th and I had one fill and feel restriction.   I hope it starts to come off a little faster that this. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active