Exercise programs

OneRedKansan41
on 1/1/10 1:18 pm
I started exercising on a regular basis on November 2 of 2009. I was walking outside gradually increasing my distance every week. Well, since it has been snowing and very dangerous to walk out side, and my little home really is not the best for exercising indoors, I am going to start an exercise class taught here at a local mall just a few miles away next Tuesday. The class lasts for an hour. It is called Jazzercize. I suspect that you have heard of it. I really am looking forward to it. What are some of your fav exercise routines? Mine is walking. I am kind of a weakling, so I only carry 2 pound weights with me when I walk. Gyms kind of intimidate me.But the best thing, the main reason I am doing it is because of the great feeling I get after I have done it, like I have accomplished something!
Happymomma
on 1/2/10 12:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
I love Zumba.  I do the class @ the Y.  It's a bit like Jazzercise, so I am sure you will love it.  I am also doing the wii biggest loser game and EA active game.  They dont require a lot of room to move, but you do have to have a wii.  Also, maybe try to do some stregth training to get your upper stregth up.  Just sit in a chair and lift your weights above your head, do bicept curls,etc. then when you can increase to 3pounds etc.  You will be lifting more weight in no time!  Good Luck

Banded 12/14/09    
OneRedKansan41
on 1/3/10 5:34 am
Thank you! I think that the class will be kinda awkward at first but I will get used to it. Good luck to you and everyone else as well.
Kelslaw
on 1/2/10 3:33 pm
 I love the elliptical!  I also love step aerobics.  I am starting zumba soon and can't wait.  WIll be doing that both at home (christmas present) and at the gym.

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/10 12:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I am getting back to a regular exercise routine, but I try to mix it up as much as possible. Walking, free weights, cardio, Wii Fit, etc. Keep up the good work and you will see a difference in no time.
nkara
on 1/3/10 12:39 am
 I have to admit I haven't started exercising yet. 

I just started back to work last Monday and I walk up and down the hall for 8 hours ... lift patients... etc... I'm a CNA so I'm hoping that will help until I can get my lazy butt off the couch to exercises.  I do have an elliptical machine at home.  Just can't motivate myself yet. 

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

BooLicious
on 1/4/10 12:33 pm - PA
I just started the 30 Day Shred DVD with Jillian from the Biggest Loser to try something different.  It's my January goal.  To do it for 30 days straight.  So good so far.  I am sore all over my body so I know it'****ting everywhere which I really like.  It's 20 minutes which is good for me with being a mom of 2 young kids.  I am only on Day 2 so I guess we'll see how it goes.  I am determined to do this though.  I just needed to change it up and do something that would really allow me to push myself.  I know I probably look pretty sad doing it right now, but I will get there!!! 

I can't wait for spring and to get back outside!!!  :( 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

OneRedKansan41
on 1/4/10 12:35 pm
Congrats and good luck to you!
gwins
on 1/4/10 11:18 pm
How soon after surgery are you allowed to exercise (cardio)?  And how soon can you start lifting weights?
nkara
on 1/5/10 1:27 am
Cardio you can pretty much do walking right away.... I would say not to do too much straining your stomach muscles with other cardio. You need to heal properly.  I would ask your doctor about it to be sure.   
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active