First Fill January 7th

Arlene F.
on 1/1/10 2:15 am
I am currently scheduled for my first fill on Janaury 7th.  I got banded on November 23...My port sight is still not totally healed..there is still a 1/4 inch scab firmly in place in the incision area....Will that prevent my fill ...does anybody know? 

I need a fill...too many holiday indulgences on my part...I am guilty of not following the rules...

I need help!!!  I'm hoping the fill will do the trick and put me back on track.

Happy New Year OH friends.

Arlene
Melanie Short
on 1/1/10 5:42 am - Hamilton, OH
I got banded on Dec 8th, and I go for my first fill on Jan 8th. I to have a small scab on my port site but not very much. Is your incision healed and the scab just not fell off , or is it truly no healed yet? If it is healed and the scab just hasn't feel off yet, maybe you can start putting lotion or vaseline on it to soften it up so it will come off before then... Either way I wish you luck on getting your first fill and having a fresh start for the new yr!
Melanie    
Arlene F.
on 1/1/10 6:21 am
Most of the scab is gone....but there is this one area that doesn't seem to be healed, perse....I am not sure.....I guess the doc will make that decision...but I really need some restriction...

Thank you ...I wish you good luck as well with your first fill and may we both be constant on the losers bench.

Arlene
OneRedKansan41
on 1/1/10 1:11 pm
I am supposed to go back to the Dr office on Jan 19. I might have a fill then.
nkara
on 1/1/10 9:50 am
well the port site is below your scar.  Or at least it is on me.  I was banded November 12th and got a fill on December 23rd and I wasn't healed yet.  I had pain during the procedure but I haven't really heard of many people who did.   For the most part they were all fine.  I have just been the "pain" queen of this whole procedure!  lol
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Arlene F.
on 1/1/10 12:09 pm
Oh I didn't know the port was below the scar...thanks for that information...Perhaps everything will go smoothly...I am nervous about the whole port...fill procedure...but this whole journey is all about the unknown.

Thanks...I will have restriction (I hope) in a week.

Arlene
snedly318
on 1/1/10 4:08 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
Arlene,

I had my surgery on 11/24 and am also scheduled for a fill on 1/7.  This surgery was a revision for me.... I had RNY 5+ years ago but regained 40% of my lost weight back.  I currently have skin irritation around the site of my port.  The surgeons partner put me on an antibiotic and I am using cortisone cream around the site.  It really isn't very red, not warm and not tender so I am not very concerned about infection.  I can feel the port....it seems rather large to me....the size of an apricot I think. 

Anyway, I am hoping for a fill.  I am hoping the surgeon doesn't feel I have a complication.  I really need this fill as I feel absolutely no restriction.  By Christmas I had lost 10.5 pounds, but that's pretty much what happens when you only eat liquids and soft foods for a month......at Christmas I advanced to the modified regular diet and well, while I haven't eaten much the choices haven't been the greatest......still have managed to stay away from mac and cheese!!!!!

Hope your fill goes well on Thursday and that you update us!!!

Karen
Snedly318
Arlene F.
on 1/1/10 9:41 pm
I certainly will keep everyone updated on my success at the doc's. I truly am hoping for a fill...I have no restriction and sometimes forget I have a band...yikes...

It appears I haven't lost anything since my last visit to the docs and going on solid foods so I am hoping for restriction to put me back on track.

Good Luck to you.

Arlene
BooLicious
on 1/4/10 12:48 pm - PA
It's a new year Arlene and forget the holiday mishaps and broken rules and start with a fresh new goal for January.  You CAN do it.  No sense beating yourself up and we all have moments of indulgences so just figure it was a treat and now it's over and it's time to get moving!!! 

Good luck with your first fill.  I think you'll be ok to get it, but I don't know.  They don't put the needle in at the incision anyway, so you should be OK!!  Let us know how you make out.  I hope you get a good sense of restriction starting!!!

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Arlene F.
on 1/5/10 1:29 am
Boo...yes I am motivated to do better...2010...new beginnings for me.  I stepped up my gym routine yesterday at the gym, however, I would love for the Doc to release me for the circuit training, I felt I got a much better over all workout doing that...Maybe he will release for weights on Thursday.
I will definitely let you know how I do...the whole fill process is daunting to me.  He actually does the fill while you are standing up and drinking a glass of water and then you tell him when you feel a change in your swallow...Yikes...what if its too much, what if its too little....Right now I don't feel like I have a band or restrictions...
I do enjoy your motivations...I read all your  (or most of) your pep answers to people when they post a new topic.  Truly you are a success....
Thank you...

Arlene
Most Active