Please help!

no1mimmie
on 12/31/09 11:49 am - Louisville, KY
I had surgery Feb. 4, 2009.  Since my surgery,  I have had several office visits with my Dr. and had several fills. I think my doctor said I had a 10cc band.  I think I have had 8 or 9 cc's so far.  I have an appt. with him on the 7th of January.  Since my surgery, I have never felt any restriction with what I eat.  Two weeks after my surgery, I felt great and went back to my normal routine which was heavy lifting, etc.  I am worried that my band has maybe slipped or is leaking. I have told my doctor on every visit that I do not feel any restrictions in my food intake, and I can pretty much eat as much as I ever did,  which is alot.    He keeps telling me I should eat only protein, eat about the size of a pea, and only two ounces of food at a serving. I fully understand that the surgery is only a "tool" to help me lose weight, but I really was hoping that with the surgery, I would be restricted to eat what I was used to eating.  Believe me when I say,  I can eat as much as I ever did, and still not feel full.  I have heard that some people get sick, even vomit.  (I am not to be gross or anything) but, I  have never had any of these symptoms.  My daughter had the gastric bypass surgery several years ago, and she still can only eat small amounts.  I know the lapband is different, but is it possible that something is wrong with my band, or have I stretched the band.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong.  I want to start my New Year with a better weight loss.
Happymomma
on 12/31/09 1:28 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Wow!  Sorry you are having trouble with your band.  I would suggest seeking a second opinion.  I always say to trust your instincts and if you think there maybe something not quite right then you should demand they take a look or ask another DR. advice.  I hate it when dr. don't listen and then it turns out you were the one that was right.  We know our bodies best and need to be our advocate when it comes to our health.  Good Luck and keep us posted.

Banded 12/14/09    
dmstear
on 1/1/10 10:17 am
I completely know what you mean. I had my band on July30, 2009 and have not lost anythin since pre-op.
I've only had 3 fills, but this is ridiculous. I am SO annoyed and frustrated. I want to get the bypass. i was afraid of it, but i don't even care anymore. My food does get stuck alot, but i never feel full. Am I doing something wrong?
Most Active