NSV

Twinels2
on 12/27/09 10:27 pm - Morgantown , PA
Christmas day I dropped my son off at his Grandparents house, my X-in laws from HELL. They uncharacteristically invited us in and we were there about half and hour while they gave my daughter from my second marriage a couple of gifts. Well, when my son came home he told me they said how I had lost weight and wanted to know how I was doing it. That was amazing since I didn't even have surgery yet but, I am following the presurgery diet the nut suggests. It made me feel great and put me back on track ,as I had been off track since having surgery a couple weeks ago.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and a fabulous NEW YEAR!

BooLicious
on 12/27/09 11:07 pm - PA
Sweet!!!  You gotta love that and just wait till after you are banded.  That is great you are doing so well pre-op, that is gonna really help you going into surgery so keep up the good work. 

My In-laws still, 69 pounds later, have not said a word to me about my weight.  Nothing, nada...not you look good?  Have you lost?  Nobody, not my husbands parents, sister, brother, SIL.  What is it with people?  I always tell people they look good, nice or thinner etc.  Oh well...I am not gonna sit around and wait for them to notice, or acknowledge. 

Keep at it girl!  Your getting closer and closer!
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Tana10732
on 12/28/09 12:06 am - Thomasville, NC
Weigh to go!!!  It is nice they are noticing and just think how much thinner you will become after the surgery!!!  Boo, I think some people are jealous in some ways.  Like they wish they could lose weight too but instead of complimenting and encouraging you they dont say anything at all.  I'm sorry if you have lost 69lbs, ANYONE can tell a difference.  You go girls and stay on track!!! 

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

Twinels2
on 12/28/09 11:02 pm - Morgantown , PA
Thanks for all the kind words. Boo don't worry about those people it is possible they just don't know how to give a compliment. they may think they will offend you. Some think a person's weight is not something you talk about. Who knows what there issue is but, your doing fabulous so, keep up the good work. Sharon
Tom C.
on 12/28/09 11:58 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
What a wonderful and unexpected Christmas gift from the X-ILFH !! Glad to see they notice your efforts, wait until NEXT YEAR !!

As for other who's family/friends haven't said anything (A) don't worry about it (B) WHO CARES :D ??!?!?!?

It took over 120 pounds before people commented on me. Even thou most folks new I had the operations, some didn't and were afraid that I was "sick". Others wanted to wait and see how "successful" I was before mentioning it (many have gone threw my previous lost and RETURNS). And even 185 pounds later, so folks haven't either commented or have noticed (a cousin recently said that it appears I have remained the same and last year I was 60 pounds heavier - oh well).

Bottom line, as long as YOU know you are successful that should be all that counts.

Happy New Year and wishing that 2010 is lighter then 2009 !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active