BANDED ON DEC 14TH

mizsweetp
on 12/24/09 7:44 am
VSG on 12/05/13
HELLO EVERYONE, SEASON'S GREETING, MERRY CHRISTMAS. JUST HAD MY REALIZE BAND PLACED ON THE 14TH AND I AM HAVING SOME DIFFICULTLY FINDING FOODS TO EAT. I WOULD LOVE SUGGESTIONS FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER, THANKS!
nkara
on 12/24/09 12:56 pm
 Congratulations on being banded. 

Are you on normal diet yet? 

Well I have no variety but I will say I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch I will have either cottage cheese, chicken, deli turkey and cheese, something like that.  Dinner I would have either Turkey chili or Turkey meatballs... 

I'm trying to up my variety but I just had a fill on the 23rd so I'm back to full liquids and trying to increase back to normal diet again. 

Best of luck! 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Randy Z.
on 12/24/09 7:13 pm - Charlotte, NC
I think that during that soft food time, I pretty much lived off of Taco Bell pinto beans and cheese. I was a pretty cheap date cause one of those would be 2 meals for me at less than 50 cents a meal.  Also did some scrambled eggs with low fat cheese and my favorite was taking 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin and toasting it, then putting on a tablespoon of spagetti sauce and some low fat cheese. Another toasted english muffin meal was a tablespoon of peanut butter and just a touch of low fat pancake suryup to kill the stickiness of the PB. But back then and even now, I have 2 snacks a day of unjury choc protein mix in 1% milk. I still have my english muffin pizza,  I just put a couple sliced up pieces of peperoni or some ham on top. But my NUT suggested the english muffin pizza.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

Pilar12
on 12/25/09 1:05 am
Congrats!! I am sorry I have no suggestions but seems like some others do!! Did you see a NUT? I did get some information from her...but I have not followed it yet because I have not been banded as yet. Good luck, you did a great thing for your health!! P

cindycsw
on 12/25/09 9:50 am - NY
RNY on 12/07/09 with
sorry--ticker check
Happymomma
on 12/27/09 4:18 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hello,
 I was banded on the 14th too!  Right now I usually have 2 protein shakes a day then breakfast scrambled egg with a smidge of FF cheese, lunch I love refried beans w/ FF cheese and some taco sauce (very filling) For dinner I eat a smart one fettucini or turkey and cheese w/o bread and maybe some yogurt.  I have found I can pretty much eat anything as long as I chew it up good.  I try to limit my carbs and eat my protein first but sometimes I do have spaghetti or mac and cheese.  Just use the lower calorie ones.  Also I love steak n' shake chili.  Hope these help.

Banded 12/14/09    
BooLicious
on 12/27/09 11:39 pm - PA
I am not sure where you are in your food phases, but on soft foods I did lots of fish and made egg salad and chicken salad (grinded down in the food processor).  Now on regular foods for a few months.  I have a protein shake every am and then for lunch I actually do eggs a lot with a piece of cheese and sometimes ham or bacon.  Then for dinner I do an array of things.  I have been cooking WAY MORE since being banded.  I made a homemade turkey chili which was great and one night ate it over a 1/4 of a baked potatoe but normally just eat the chili.  I have been eating carbs but am trying to keep them limited.  Today I am having a chicken tortilla soup I made over the weekend.  I also do turkey wraps on them whole wheat Flat Out's.  They are really good.  I put some turkey, ww mexi cheese, shredded lettuce, some chopped tomatoes and 2 pieces of bacon.  They are yummy and filling and I can even get 2 meals out of them somedays.  I also still do some canned soups.  I'll toast an english muffin and throw an egg in the microwave and put some cheese and ham.  I eat a LOT of eggs.  Oatmeal is a good breakfast too and I will put one of them little cups of peaches in it.  I also bought frozen chicken eggrolls and will have them some nights with like 1/2 cup of brown rice and some mushrooms I'll add to it.  I sprinkle a little stirfry sauce over the rice.  Try to make a chili. It's a nice easy and portable meal that is filling.  You can freeze 1/2 of it too and pull it out next month for lunches for another week or something.  I made mine with ground turkey, black beans, a little corn.  It was delicous and i actually enjoyed it more then regular chili. 

I love finding new ideas on here or food suggestions people make cause it does help mix things up.  Get a crock pot if you don't have one, that is a super easy way to make a lot of delicious meals.  One easy one I found on here, just throw some chicken breasts and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and let it cook. The chicken was so tender and good.  Serve with some rice or potatoes. 

Oh, and congratulations by the way on your band and surgery!  :D

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active