First Fill

nkara
on 12/23/09 8:31 am
 I had my first fill today.  Oh boy did that hurt!   I'm still tender there and it was not pleasant.  I got 4 cc's in and felt a little bit when I was drinking my little cup of water... now I'm drinking protein shake with no problem.  We'll see what happens. 

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/23/09 8:38 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Congrat on you first fill,  I had my second fill yesterday. Dr. put 1.5 cc in this time.  Now I have a total of 5.5 cc.  I really can tell the difference with this fill. Does your Dr. numb you first?  I don't feel anything when I get the fill except  when he numbs the area first it like a little pinch.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

nkara
on 12/23/09 9:09 am
no numbing. I wish  

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/23/09 11:47 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Tell him to make it numb first.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

nkara
on 12/23/09 8:52 pm
 I think it's because I'm still sore from surgery.  I'm taking a lot longer to completely heal then most. Plus I had a lot of pain so next time, hopefully, will be better. 

Randy Z.
on 12/23/09 11:08 pm - Charlotte, NC

I feel your pain, literally. That is why I did not get my first fill on schedule. As you have probably discussed with your doctor, if it is red, it could mean signs of infection. My swelling never went down and at times, it felt as if there was a bad infection. It was greater than the time I had an impacted wisdom tooth. I started taking Tylenol for the pain. 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg at night. For several days, even 1000mg in the middle of the day. After about a week, the swelling went down and so did the pain. I occasionally, still need 1000mg either in the am or pm. I tried ½ that dosage to start with, but it didn't help at all with the pain. Now I am probably more like everyone else. I experience pain if I bend the wrong way. I have maintained the 10 pound weight restriction to make sure it doesn't happen again. But the last time started hurting after driving for 4 hours, so I even restrict my driving time.

Only regret that I have is that I was one of the few that had swelling in the stoma area and I came out of surgery with my 'sweet spot'. I have lost 35 pounds and it is just 2 months since my surgery. Since I took all of that Tylenol, I also have no restriction but am able to keep loosing at about a pound a week. About 28 of those pounds were in the first month. Next Tuesday, I am scheduled to go in for my first fill. It will probably take a several to get that sweet spot back, but I can't wait.

HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

crystal M.
on 12/25/09 9:45 pm - Joliet, IL
It shouldn't have hurt that much at all.  Maybe your next fill won't be painful.  I have had 6 fills and all of them have been completely painless and my doctor doesn't numb.  I think because you could be healing still you experienced pain.  My first fill I braced myself for some pain and I was waiting and waiting for him to start.  I looked down and he had the needle in already.  I didn't feel the needle go in at all.  So try not to worry about the next one...I'm sure it will be fine. 
nkara
on 12/25/09 10:11 pm
 I agree, I think it was because of me still being sore. I never had any redness or pussing after surgery on my incisions but the port area has taken awhile to heal completely.  

I did 48 hours of full liquids and was able to eat no problem yesterday so I'm glad about that also.  

Now today I will see how I do with eating and feeling restriction.  

My next appointment for a fill isn't till end of February. I will be completely healed by then!  (hear that stomach?) 

BooLicious
on 12/28/09 12:01 am - PA
That stinks it hurt you so bad.  My two fills were totally painless and I didn't even get no numbing shot.  I expected it to hurt bad and I have a total fear of needles and kept my eyes closed the whole time and I felt pushing and him doing something, but never any pain.  Tell him to get it right next time.  :D  I do hope your next one is better. 

I noticed more restriction with each fill.  Still think I need a little more, but it's definitely helping out big time.  I got 4 cc's my first fill and 1 cc my 2nd fill.  I think when I go back at the end of January I might only do .5 cc because I noticed a big difference with the 1 cc last time and I don't want to get too tight and have issues. 

Hang in there and take it easy the next couple days.  You'll probably see the scale drop too.  My scale dropped like 2 pounds quick with each fill.  Gotta love that!  :D

The good thing is though, you are getting fills and are getting closer and closer to the restriction you will need to get this weight of FOR GOOD!!!  :D

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active