Just to get to know everyone!

OneRedKansan41
on 12/21/09 10:11 am
O.K. I'll start: My favorite color is sky blue. My name is Heather. I have the REALIZE band. As of November 2, 2009. I quit eating fast foods. Since then, I have lost 24 pounds. I have 155 more pounds to go. I live in the Midwest. I am 41 years old. I was banded on Dec 10 of this year.  As of November 2 of this year, I have started a walking exercise program : I walk for about 20 minutes each night, 5 nights a week with 2 pound weights in my hands. I increase my walking about 5 minutes each week. I drink 64 oz minimum of water each day, and 2 glasses of skim milk each day.  I am single and have never been married, no kids. I work as a Secretary in my family's business. I have an old German Shepherd as a pet. My favorite exercise is walking, especially since I feel so good when I walk and when I get done doing it. I went farther tonight. My highest weight, which was about a year and a half ago was 407. Now I weigh 354. I have a long way to go. I like to go to movies when I can afford it. The last 2 movies I saw this weekend were 'The Blind Side' and 'Precious'(both I highly recommend and are excellent films) but my favorite movies are(not necessarily in this order) The Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile, and What's eating Gilbert Grape. I would like to get to know other folks who post here! Blessings~
MaMa_M
on 12/21/09 8:19 pm - MI
Welcome. I also have the Realize Band (Sept 15, 2009). My weight loss has been slow, I have lost 39 lbs. I feel great, I am no longer on blood pressure meds and I am no longer prediabetic. That alone was worth the journey!  I am 48 yrs old, married with 3 children (28, 20, 17). I also have 2 house cats. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you have a handle on your new life.
MaMa M

BooLicious
on 12/22/09 12:45 am - PA
39 pounds...why do you think that is slow?  That is an average of 2.7 pounds a week.  That sounds great to me.  I have lost 36 since the actual surgery and I am doing cartwheels.  Don't down yourself...you are doing wonderful to have lost 39 pounds. 

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Pixieland
on 12/21/09 8:31 pm - Davison, MI

Hi Heather,
I have a REALIZE band too since Oct. 16.  I have lost 33 pounds so far and still going strong!  I too enjoy walking and I have a Bowflex which I like very much.  I am 48, married with 4 kids (29,26,20 & 14).  I don't have any Grandbabies yet....but I can't wait for when it does happen.
It sounds like you are doing everything right so far and I am sure the changes you have made in your life will be positive....I know that I feel so much better about myself physically and emotionally.  My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Twinels2
on 12/21/09 9:47 pm - Morgantown , PA
Hi, My name is Sharon and I am 40 married with 2 kids. Boy 17 and girl 2. My favorite color is yellow. I haven't been banded yet. I am hoping in Febuary. I have my final nutrition at the beginning of January and then they will submit to the insurance. I have stopped drinking almost all drinks with calories. I still have a cup of coffee everymorning with flavored creamer and an occational cup of hot tea at night. I am counting calories and keeping a food journal both help a lot. I lost 11 pounds since I met with the surgeon. I am getting a wii fit for Christmas wich I plan on making my work program for the winter. I have added steps to my days but, I have fibromyalgia and have had a surgery since starting this journey and haven't done the exercise that I would like to. Christmas cookies and fudge haven't been helpful either lol . I have a twin sister who is also on this journey and that helps me. It is nice to get to know everyone here, you can't have too much support.
Blessing
Sharon
BooLicious
on 12/22/09 12:46 am - PA
Yea Sharon!!!  You are getting so close!!  Can't wait to hear you have a date.
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Happymomma
on 12/22/09 12:17 am - Indianapolis, IN
My name is Heather too!  Favorite color Green (also my last name.)  I have been married for 12 years to a wonderful man who drives me crazy :)   I have 7yr old triplets GGB and a 5 yr. old G.  Have a choc. lab (choc is my addiction)  named mocha jo. I was banded 12/14/09 (my rebirthday) and have lost 16 pounds so far. I love to do Zumba at the YMCA for exercise and want to get the Biggest Loser workout for wii after xmas.  I'm a preschool teacher and love my job.  One of my biggest goals is to get rid of my sleep apnea since wearing a Cpap machine is so not sexy! I am enjoying the new found energy and haven't taken a nap in 3 days, which is a big change.  I am so thankful I found this site.  Everyone is so supportive and it is so nice to know there are others going though the same thing who know exactly what I am going through.  Here's to a new year and a new us!

Banded 12/14/09    
BooLicious
on 12/22/09 1:01 am - PA
I am also a realize band, banded on September 16th.  I'm down 36 pounds since surgery and 69 pounds total.  I am now two pounds a way from my half way mark.  Whoo Hoo.  I have grown and learned so much about myself in this journey.  I am a prepper and a planner, so I have been reading books, preparing, reading on here and getting ready for this new life I am gonna live.  I am also a mother of 2 beautiful little girls, age 4 and 18 months.  The first came to us through adoption and the 2nd one is home grown.  :)  I am going into my 7th year of marriage with an amazing husband who lost 100 pounds this year himself and is at goal and keeps me inspired and is my biggest supporter.  He has loved me at my worst and best and is just there for all my boo hoo's and my happy moments.  I am 32.  My favorite colors to wear used to be pink, blue and white and now my whole wardrobe is black shirts.  So, I am looking forward to stop wearing black all the time.  I all ready have.  LOL  My most recent movie was Princess and The Frog with my 4 yo and it was great.  My last two rentals were Four Christmas' and The Proposal, both cute movies.  I live in Pennsylvania and my name is Jennifer.  I ride a stationary bike for exercise right now, but my New Year's resolution is to start back on  the Wii fit again.  I also just ordered the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and am gonna do that.  I read a groud of people on the lapband board who are gonna do it.  I figure I should push and leave my comfort zone.  I am also a big counter, measurer and log everything I eat.  It's the only way that I am successful and it's become habit and I like it now.   When I went to my first info meeting I was gonna do RNY and am so happy I LET MYSELF listen to the band info because this is so much more my style.  I also made a vow to stop downing myself.  My weight has wreaked havoc on my self esteem and I am no longer dissing and downing myself.  It don't get me no where and I have to love and cheer myself on to get my goal.  If I just down myself it just defeats me from the gitgo.  I can see myself in the mirror again and that gets me excited.  :)   I am ready for the New Year and counting the days because it is ON come January 2nd.  :D  My goal is to loose 100 pounds by April, my birthday.  So, wish me luck.  :)  I know if I work hard I CAN do it.  Oh, and I LOVE MY BAND.  :)

Sorry my thoughts are so random and all over the place.  I just typed as it came to mind.  LOL

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Tana10732
on 12/22/09 3:09 am - Thomasville, NC
Hi, I am Tana and I am from a small town in NC.  I am 36 years old and have 2 adopted pre-teen daughters 12 and 13.  (Please keep me in your prayers!!!  They are already driving me batty with their HORMONES!!!)  My girls have been with me 10 years in January and I cant imagine my life without them!  I am married to the most wonderful man, Mark, who has been my rock and my best friend through this whole experience!  I received the REALIZE band on 10/21 and it has truly changed my life!  I have lost 44 lbs since starting this journey in May 09 and have also decreased my blood pressure meds by half!!!  I work for my neighboring county as a case manager.  I have 2 dogs: a white Boxer named Harley and a black Pekingese named Sushi.  I belong to the YMCA: love swimming, the elliptical and my Wii Fit at home. 

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

OneRedKansan41
on 12/22/09 8:39 am
NIce to meet everybody(and I will keep everyone that wants them in my prayers) By the way, I have a silly question: Am I the only one here that is not married and does not have kids??? Seems like everyone else in the world does except for me!!!
Most Active