I had my band installed 12 hours ago

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/09 11:22 am, edited 12/18/09 12:05 pm
I am very surprised and feel fortunate that I do not feel the need for any pain medicine. I feel very weak from lack of food, but I am drinking lots of protein water and other liquids. It does hurt a lot to cough or laugh and I wonder how my sleep will go, but overall I expected significantly more discomfort. I also wish I could belch. My tummy is swollen and my wounds are tender, but if this is as bad as it gets, I consider myself

lucky in Maryland,
Happymomma
on 12/18/09 12:02 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Congrats!  I was banded Mon. and had a hard time sleeping.  The thing that has helped me was the binder they gave me to wear.  Take it easy though.  I felt really good Tues and think I over did it.  I was really hurting on Wed because of it.  I am still having issues with gas.  They say you just have to walk it off.  Good Luck
timmi0813
on 12/18/09 12:11 pm
I , too, live in MD and got banded at about 11 am.  I am also feeling pretty good.  Not hungry at all.  I was starving going into the surgery!  I am very very sleepy though :)
At which hospital did you have your surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/09 12:35 pm
St. Agnes in Catonsville. How about you?
nkara
on 12/18/09 9:59 pm
 Congratulations to both of you on becoming banded!   Your journey is just beginning! 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Twinels2
on 12/19/09 3:41 am - Morgantown , PA
Congratulations on being banded. I am pre op. Hope to join you soon on the losers bench. Take it easy even if you feel great don't overdue it. I had surgery a week ago and I overdid as soon as I felt good and had to stay in bed the next day.   
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/09 5:26 am, edited 12/19/09 5:26 am
Well, 48 hours has made a difference. Pain has gone from a 1 to a 3. While I still don't see the need for pain medicine, I'm not shoveling any snow either. Lots of bed rest, tenderness and TV. My timing was excellent. It looks like this will be a good week to recuperate and watch the snow melt. It will be hard to over do it in the weather. Patience is key. It is a life change. A marathon, not a sprint.
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/20/09 12:20 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Congratulations,  Welcome to the losers bench.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

snookums72
on 12/20/09 1:17 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hello there, congratulations as well, I am to get my surgery realize band on 12/22/09 this Tuesday. I hope your journey is great. I was thinking about ordering the Jack LaLane Juicer.
This all makes alot of since to me but ppl say WHY>>> Its fast and great for our body, now with the life change. Well good luck, pray for me.  God Bless and happy Holidays...
traceyinthemtns
on 12/20/09 1:23 am - Ellijay, GA

Thanks for posting so soon after your surgery....I have surgery in the morning and I'm pretty nervous about what to expect with the pain, etc.  With Christmas later in the week, I would really like to feel good enough to watch everyone opening gifts without having to feel like I need to stay in bed.

TD in N. GA Mtns

Most Active