x post: walking pneumonia

Rachel DiLo
on 12/18/09 9:37 am
I've been sick since a little after Thanksgiving. Today the dr said I have walking pneumonia. That would explain why I've been so miserable the past few weeks!

I was wondering if any of you have ever used prednisone? I was prescribed that, avelox, and ambien. I believe prednisone is a steroid and it causes weight gain...

Should I  call my surgeon's office and see if its okay to take these meds? I've been nervous to take anything but tylenol since surgery.

Hopefully I feel better by next week.

P.S.
Happy holidays!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

BooLicious
on 12/18/09 10:45 am - PA
Ugh, I am so sorry your sick, especially now.  I would call the Dr's office and run it by them, it can't hurt, thats what they are there for and you'll have peace of mind.  I do think it is a steroid and if you do gain a few, they will fall right back off when your done.  You gotta get yourself healthy and feeling better though.  Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon! 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Melanie Short
on 12/21/09 1:52 am - Hamilton, OH
Sorry your sick... Prednisone is a steroid but usually only causes weight gain if on it for an extended period of time. It is used to treat anything that has lasted for a long time that other wise is hard to get rid of.  I hope you start feeling better, especially since it is Christmas week!
Melanie    
Most Active