Total unfill..

janice A.
on 12/17/09 4:35 am - san angelo, TX
For the past two months i have been sick, first a stomach virus, then the "crud", now strep. I have not been holding food down at all. Had .5cc removed that seemed to help a few weeks back, but then it just seemed even water would hurt so we took all of the fluid out. Doc said let things settle get better , then do a scope make sure everything is good and start over.
While i have lost a solid 50lbs, I feel stressed and distracted from my weight loss. I just want to be healthy again.  My son has MS and has experienced yet another episode and is on the verge of loosing his job.and along with it his medical inurance and my grandbaby's insurance. So, needless to say i am very stressed which i am sure added to the tightness of my band.
I need to destress. how do we do this?  I try to distract myself and simply say he will get another job, but i am a worrier.. :(   i am grateful my daughter who also has MS has her insurance. somedays i feel selfish worrying about my weight loss when he has so many other issues to worry bout.
I know that stress makes things worse but how do we deal with so many issues at once? I feel overwhelmed.

Any suggestions??
thanks in advance

Rose

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

James M.
on 12/17/09 6:07 am - SAGINAW, MN
First it is not being selfish or wrong to take care of yourself. you must take care of yourself first or you will not be healthy enough to be of help to others.
With worry here is what has helped me for years...
#1 Identify the exact thing you are worrying over (be specific)
#2 Identify the things you can do to fix the situation
#3 Do all the things reasonably within your power to fix the situation

Once you have done everything you can do or realized that the situation is beyond your control you have nothing more to worry about. of course you will still be concerned about loved ones etc. but you dont need to have it constantly dominate your thoughts.
I hope this helps.
MARTY

janice A.
on 12/17/09 6:43 am - san angelo, TX
Thanks I appreciate your imput very much. 

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

BooLicious
on 12/17/09 11:36 am - PA
Marty gave some good tips and I agree, you need to take care of yourself to be in a position to be of good to others.  It is not selfish, but anymeans.  I am sure you know how important life and good health is so we should start with ourselves and then go from there.  :) 

I am sorry you have so much on your plate at once.  Times are tough and scary right now and just know that you are not alone in your fears and stress.  Hang in there!!!

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active