Restriction

OneRedKansan41
on 12/15/09 12:53 pm
Is what I am feeling after eating, the tightness in my stomach what is known as 'restriction'? And How will I know if a food gets caught? I take very small bites(at least I am trying to remember to) and I have never had a problem with vomiting anything up(except for a pill I used to have to take) . How will I know if my band is slipping?Please I am concerned about this(I am also going to see my surgeon's office on Friday but I am asking this for peace of mind until then)

Ashley A.
on 12/15/09 1:42 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I don't know if what you are feeling would be considered restriction or not..you are less than a week post op so you are probably still very swollen..when you get stuck it kinda feels like you have brick stuck in your chest..it can be very painful if its a big peice of something. If you havent vomitted then don't worry about your band slipping..its much too soon to be thinking the worse but I can understand your concern..I vomitted for 2 weeks straight and didn't slip so I think it really takes a lot to get the band to shift. Thanks..

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Randy Z.
on 12/15/09 10:13 pm - Charlotte, NC
One thing to think about, is are you getting all of your liquids and proteins in. I am about 2 month out of surgery and the first week, I was not able to even get in 1/2 of my liquids down without getting nauseous. My stomach had swollen and very little was getting down.  We called the doc and he put me on steroids and after a couple of days, I was able to get in my 60 oz of water in.  Doc said it was normal and more common in men, but some of the cases the stomach swells.

If you are not able to get in enough liquids and getting nauseous trying to drink,  you may not want to wait, but to go ahead and call instead of waiting.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

OneRedKansan41
on 12/15/09 11:03 pm
Yep, I am keeping all liquids down and not having any trouble with that. I probably could use some more proteins, though.
BooLicious
on 12/16/09 11:36 am - PA
With only being 6 days out of surgery, what are you eating?  Aren't you still on some form of liquids/purees?  I can't imagine at this stage you could have caused a slip, but I really don't know.

In regards to the restriction, I was told and have experienced our new sensation of fullness will be in our chest, not in our tummies.  It is still weird for me, even 3 months out, but you get used to it.  I just had my 2nd fill and now I really know what restriction is.  It is like a tightness in your chest.  People say you will know it when you feel it and I kept wondering if I had all ready had it, but now I know I didn't and now I do. 

Just focus on following your Dr's instructions and food phases, you will be just fine.  Good luck Friday. 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active