first post op appt. total bummer!

gina F.
on 12/13/09 1:34 pm
HI everyone! I just had my first post op appt. and was sooooo disappointed. I really felt ready for my first fill....but the doc said no! not for 4 more weeks! I feel so good right now but feel little or no restriction. I want to lose lose lose weight! i know i need to be patient. Does anyone out there have any words of wisdom they can share with me? Help! Gina
mstrip59
on 12/14/09 1:14 am
You hit the nail on the head, you are post op.  Give your body time to adjust the surgery and the weight will come off.  The fact that you have no restriction is OK, I did not either but I still lost weight in the first weeks.  I have an AP band band, not the Realize but it is still a lap band.  I had my first fill this past Saturday after having my surgery 10/16/09 and the only time I actually feel the restriction is in the mornings.  Since the fill I have lost three pounds and frankly I don't care if it is water weight, actual pounds or the pixies taking it away at night, I'm still losing.  Feeling restrictions can be a blessing or a curse depending on who you talk to and their results, so just hang in there because if you do what the band says you most likely will be successful.
Mel is losing it
on 12/14/09 1:45 am - Lakeport, CA
Hi there, I had to wait 6 weeks for my first fill. I too wanted to get a fill at my first post-op but my doc said that due to swelling and how the band might settle, I had to wait 6 weeks total. I also didn't have much restriction until my fills but I knew it was best not to push my body and allow everything to heal first. Your month will fly by and you will soon be on your way to "fill" land! :)

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

shannonmaysmile
on 12/14/09 8:40 am - randolph, NJ
I had my surgery on Sept. 15th and still have not been filled.  My surgeon said some people get this procedure and never need a fill, ever.  So stay positive and follow your diet and exercise.
Life is a Beach
on 12/14/09 9:29 am
On December 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, shannonmaysmile wrote:
I had my surgery on Sept. 15th and still have not been filled.  My surgeon said some people get this procedure and never need a fill, ever.  So stay positive and follow your diet and exercise.
My doctor said the same thing. I had my surgery on 11/19 and have restriction and hoping it lasts... ;)
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
gina F.
on 12/14/09 11:32 am
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. I'M NOT FEELING TOO MUCH RESTRICTION SO I'M A`LITTLE ANXIOUS ABOUT GAINING WEIGHT BACK OR NOT LOSING ANYMORE UNTIL THE FIRST FILL. I WILL JUST KEEP ON GOING DOING WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING. THANKS SO MUCH, G! 
BooLicious
on 12/14/09 12:32 pm - PA
Hang in there Gina!!!  It will be here before you know it and the losing WILL happen.  Hang tight!

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

MaMa_M
on 12/15/09 3:08 am - MI
The key is that you get all your protein and liquids. I didn't get my first fill until 4 weeks after surgery. I have had one additional fill. I still do not have restriction and won't get anohter fill until mid January. Measure your food and only eat until the feeling of hunger is gone. Keep the faith that you can do this and you will!
MaMa M

OneRedKansan41
on 12/15/09 12:46 pm
What does restriction feel like?

Most Active