Did you feel the restriction right away?

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/09 8:51 am - East Providence, RI
Hi.  I was banded on Tuesday and don't necessarily feel the restriction.  I haven't pushed it to try to feel but I was wondering if I was supposed to feel something different.

Thanks, Patty
Jennifer R.
on 12/12/09 12:18 pm - Fullerton, CA
 Patty,

You won't feel restriction until you get a fill, and even then it may not hit you until the 2nd or 3rd. I had my first fill and I can eat almost as much as before but I do have a bit of restriction. I feel it most when I eat too fast. Follow the dr's orders as best you can and you'll feel it eventually. Many of us have to use good old fashioned will power until restriction.
Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

andrea73
on 12/12/09 1:24 pm
I did once I started on soft foods 7 days out.  It was from the swelling from the surgery.  When that went away about a week later, I started getting hungry and could eat more.  Not a good thing. 
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/13/09 5:19 am
I was just banded and I don't have any restriction. I think the other person *****sponded is exactly right -- No restriction until several fills... Took my friend 6 months to hit the sweet spot. But she says the wait was worth it.
dolphin13glass
on 12/13/09 7:26 am - Thurmont, MD
Hi Patty,
I'm 6 months post op and I'm just now ALMOST at my sweet spot. I'm at 7 cc's now, so it will take some time! I could eat anything up until now. Hang in there, it will start to come off once you get your fills started.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/09 8:55 am - East Providence, RI
Thank you for your response.  Do you mind my asking how much you have lost?  How did you manage to resist the fact that you could eat almost anything?

Thanks, Patty
OneRedKansan41
on 12/13/09 12:13 pm
How do you know when your band is restricting? I just had my band placed in on Thursday, and sometimes I feel like I have a pit in my stomach. Then I get gassy, like hiccups, I can swallow things like clear liquids, but I can't swallow anything bigger than an M&M. I try to take my diabetes pill crushed up but it is so nasty it makes me want to vomit,(tried mixing it with food and that did not work) and I definitely do not want to do that. I have not felt hungry and I have lost about twelve pounds since Thursday. Am I too tight? I go back to visit with the surgeon this coming Friday.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/09 12:20 pm - East Providence, RI
Wow!!!  12 lbs!!!  I had my band placed 2 days before you and I have been having a hard time not eating.  I want to eat so badly.  It's not that the band restricts its that it places a restriction on your ability to eat.  I feel like I could eat a sub sandwich.  I'm not feeling a restriction but I also haven't pushed it.  I might feel differently if I did. 
nkara
on 12/14/09 5:07 am
I don't feel any restriction yet either.  I'm going in for a fill December 23rd so hopefully then I will.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Ashley A.
on 12/14/09 10:48 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hey Patty! Congrats on being banded..you won't feel any type of restriction until you get a fill..depending on how aggressive your surgeon is with fills it will probably take awhile..It took me about 4 fills to get to perfect restriction which was about 5-6 months post op. My first fill was 4 ccs so thats pretty large..most people normally get 1-2 ccs their first fill. Once I reached 7.5 ccs thats when I finally started feeling something. It definitiely takes time.. I hope this helps! Thanks.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Most Active