OT - Weekend Fun - Favorite Holiday Movie

Tom C.
on 12/10/09 9:19 pm, edited 12/10/09 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since the Holidays is amongst us, I thought it would fun to share your favorite Holiday song, movie and/or television special (show). The thing that gets you into that “Holiday feeling", and reminds you of your childhood.

Last week we did songs, this week we do favorite Holiday Movies. Name those movies that put you in the Holiday mood !!

OK .. here are my favorites

(01) Scrooge (1951 – Alastair Sim) - I am as giddy as a drunken man.

(02) It's a Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed) - A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town

(03) Miracle on 34th Street (Natalie Wood – the one wood that can’t float)  - As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth

(04) A Christmas Story - ooooooohhhhhh ffffffuuuuuddddddgggggeeeee

(05) Scrooged (w/ Bill Murray) Herman, gives us a happy ending here

(06) The Christmas that Almost Wasn’t (only because my childhood hero Paul Tripp is in it)

(07) Babes In Toyland (March of Wood Soldiers – Laurel and Hardy) – Big trap catches big rats !!

Next week – favorite Television shows/specials.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
shannonmaysmile
on 12/10/09 10:16 pm - randolph, NJ
Mine are:
1. Elf
2. Ruduloph
3. Miracle on 34th Street - Either version
4. a Christmas Story
5. Christmas Vacation

BooLicious
on 12/10/09 11:05 pm - PA
Great picks so far.  Here are mine, in no particular order.

The Ref   (with Dennis Leary and Kevin Spacey)
Scrooged  (with Bill Mullray)
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...CLASSIC
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
Polar Express

and one of my all time fave's....Bridget Jones Diary.  That movie cracks me up and it takes place at Christmas, so I'll add it to the list.  lol

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

marilyn09
on 12/11/09 7:03 am - Enid, OK
These are my favorites....

A Christmas Story (1983)- Peter Billingsley/Darren McGavin
A Christmas Carol (1951)- Alastair Sim
It's A Wonderful Life (1946)- James Stewart/Donna Reed
White Christmas (1954)-Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye
Miracle On 34th Street (1947)- Edmund Gween/Maureen O'Hara
A Christmas Wish ( 1950)- Jimmy Durante
Home Alone (1990)- Macaulay Culkin/ Joe Pesci
This lifetime will never come again, it is precious and irreplaceable. To live without regret, we must have a concrete purpose, continually setting a goal and challenge for ourselves. And we need to keep moving toward those specific targets steadily and tenaciously, one step at a time.- Daisaku Ikeda

waverly79
on 12/11/09 8:00 am
 National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Christmas Story
Charlie Brown Christmas
The night they saved christmas (with Jacklyn Smith) I think that is the right name

over50woman1
on 12/13/09 12:36 am

My favorite is Mr. Magoo's Christmas.- Love to hear my DH sing Tiny Tim's part!  Others - It's a Wonderful Life - Charlie Brown's Christmas -  Oh they are all so good and give you an "allover warm feeling". 

Margie

Most Active