Surgery yesterday

Melanie Short
on 12/9/09 6:24 am - Hamilton, OH
I had my surgery yesterday, I am home and doing well. I am a little sore but nothing unbearable. I have had a full day though my son hurt his knee so I had to take him to the doctor today, and went to 4 different stores to find his prescription. I feel like I have over done it!! But still over all I feel like I am fortunate to feel as well as I do. The doctor said when he got in there to do my surgery I also had a hernia that he repaired. I am pretty swollen around my port site but it isn't horrible either.
Thanks again for all of the well wishes I got before my surgery! This site has def helped me alot!

Melanie
Melanie    
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/9/09 7:52 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Melanie,
Congratulations.  I am so glad the surgery went so well.  You are doing a lot better then I did.
I wouldn't get out of bed on my own the next day.
Sorry about you son. Hope he get better soon.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Pixieland
on 12/9/09 8:08 am - Davison, MI
Hi Melanie,
I'm glad to hear that everything went well.  I hope you can rest now and hopefully your son will feel better too. 
Take it easy and congratulations!!!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

BooLicious
on 12/9/09 10:20 am - PA
That is great Melanie, I am glad you are home and feeling better and even running errands.  Phew, I couldn't have done that the day after.  lol  Sounds like you are gonna heal great.  Now you got the dreaded liquids and food phases.  Stay strong, stick with it and in no time you will be looking back thinking "wow, it's all ready over!"

Also, Congratulations and welcome to the band life.  You'll be a big ole loser in no time.  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Tom C.
on 12/11/09 8:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
HEY YOU LOSER CONGRATS !! :D 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active