frustrated

noelle64
on 12/7/09 8:07 pm
good morning...ok here it is.....i had the realize band done 11/24/09..i am on day 14, i have lost 13.2 pounds and that was by day 8, now my scale does not move at all,,i am been working out and eating low low calorie getting in all of my protein...i am getting frustrated,,in addition to that , i am wondering if something may be wrong...becasue i feel no restriction,,,i can tolerate fluids no problem, whether cold or hot fast or slow drinking,,i drink all day long and it is not every 15 minutes....

can anyone give me some help , guidance or experience to help me....i have an appt. with dr. abkin on thursday and even though i am only 2 weeks out today,,,i am going to try and convince him to give me a little fill.

thanks to all of you who are commited to this board and really think and take the time out to answer questions.

have a great day.

Pixieland
on 12/7/09 9:08 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Noelle,
I had my band placed on 10/16 and lost almost 26 pounds like it was melting butter.  But now the weight loss has definately slowed.  I did not have any restriction at all after surgery and I have had 1 fill (5cc's in my 14cc band) and still have no restriction.  I go in for my 2nd fill today and am hoping to have restriction after that but I just don't know.  I have heard that it takes some people 4 to 5 fills before they feel it.  I am learning that patience and remaining steadfast is the name of the game with this band.

While I haven't lost many pounds in the last few weeks since my fill...I have lost inches.  My clothes are definately getting bigger and I feel great!  Try not to get so hung up on the scale...I know that is REALLY hard to do, but I am only weighing myself once a week.  I would go CRAZY if I weighed myself everyday and feel terrible if I didn't see a loss everyday.

I would be surprised if your Dr. gives you a fill after only 2 weeks.  You need to heal from your surgery and allow the swelling to go down. 

Stick with the program...be patient...and in time we will both get to where we want to be. 
I hope you have a wonderful day too!!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

noelle64
on 12/7/09 9:22 pm
thanks so much pixieland,,,,,i know, i know, i have to be patient, but it is so frustrating when you think you are have wls and the weight is not coming off right away like i thought it would..I know it will but I had all of these goals in my head on how much i would lose before the summer comes and now that may not happen, blah blah,,you know what i am saying  . you are right , dr abklin will probably not give me a fill, but still i have totally stayed on program,,not one slip up.......God give me patience..

thanks again chica,,  noelle
BooLicious
on 12/8/09 10:32 am - PA
That's ashame your Dr. and his office did not inform you more on the band.  I feel bad when people get to this point and blame themselves or feel they are doing something wrong.  I think it's the Dr. (and the patient) to inform on what to expect post surgery.  You are doing great, this is normal and it's a healing process that can take a few weeks to a few months, then it's LOSING TIME.  Please don't get discouraged and hang in there.  Everything your doing is great and you will do wonderful when you do start getting fills and get to that point.  I felt the same way, like I went through all this and then stall...wtf?  I know...we ALL KNOW, but we just gotta gripe and grit our teeth.  Things are gonna be good, just give it some more time.  Hang in there, we're here for ya! 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

noelle64
on 12/8/09 9:29 pm

thanks boo,

this gives me hope,,yesterday,,,I really felt no restriction and i know that i ate more veggie soup than i should have at one sitting  and it didn't feel uncomforatble or anything...I know i did not go over like 600 calories yesterday but the point being is that i ate all this soup(homemade) and i felt fine.....i totally shouldn't have done that because now i have a false sense of how much i can eat.....i really have to just forget yesterday and now do my protein shakes and greek yogurt today...

thanks for your input,,,,,,boo boo

noelle....kids are home today because of weather...and i am in a cranky mood......they better stay in line with momma today hahha..they are 12 and 10..

noelle xoox
BooLicious
on 12/8/09 11:25 pm - PA
Yeah, I have had the same exact thing and it makes me nervous cause it's like now I know what I could eat if I wanted too.  I think the most and important and helpful thing to me is that I do still weigh and measure EVERYTHING.  It's the only way I can truly count and know how I am doing.  A bit anal, but it makes me feel in control ya know.  Until you get to real foods you won't be able to get into a true routine, but it wouldn't hurt to start the habits now and it does become a habit.  I hated the post op phases cause I wanted to get into a habit and new routines and it sucked waiting in limbo doing the different liquids.  However, it's all in hindsight and it will be for you too.  You really are gonna do great!  Just hang in there.

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Randy Z.
on 12/7/09 10:16 pm, edited 12/7/09 10:17 pm - Charlotte, NC
I think mine stalled out for about 3 or 4 days during that 2nd or 3rd week. But even with a couple of stalls, I averaged about 1 pound a day for the first 30 days.  Then I went to 3 pounds a week into Dec where I have seemed to been at a 7 day stall and may have even put on a pound this week.

I am at about 2 months out and still have not had a fill. You really need to be more on solid foods before you do get a fill.  Most of what you are eating right now is slider foods and a fill would not restrict those much more than you are on now.

Make sure you are walking, getting your fluids in and getting in your protein, which you seem to be doing. Then it is just a matter of giving it time to work. I saw were some have taken 4 or more months to loose the first 35 pound, I did mine in about 7 weeks. But expect more stalls, they are a part of the process.

Are you measuring yourself?  I also found on the stalls, that I was loosing inches.

But at a pound a day, your doing great for the first couple of weeks.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

Pixieland
on 12/7/09 10:39 pm - Davison, MI
I just had to chime in again.  Like I said I haven't lost hardly any weight over the last several weeks.  2.3 to be exact...I don't think that 2 Thanksgiving's and 2 Christmas parties since then have helped much.  However....I just did my measurements and I am THRILLED!!!!

I have lost:
1" off my neck
1 1/2" off my arms
3 1/2" from my bust (I'm happy about that but my husband is a bit bummed...LOL)
4" off my waist
4 1/2" off my hips (Wooo HOOOOOOO!!!!)
2 1/2" off my thighs ( Double Wooo HOOOOO!!!!)

OMG!!!  I just can't believe it!!!   I am SO pumped now to go in for my 2nd fill today.  This is working even though it seems slow sometimes. 
Rock it out Noelle!!   We can do it. 
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

noelle64
on 12/7/09 11:13 pm
YES WE CAN DO IT...YOU AE DOING GREAT...CONGRATS ON THE INCHES LOST...I MADE THE MISTAKE TO NOT INITIALLY MEASURE MY SELF. ALTHOUGH THEY DID IT AT THE OFFICE...I SHOULD TRY TO GET THAT.

THANKS LESLIE
BooLicious
on 12/8/09 10:34 am - PA
Wow Leslie....look at you girl!!!  Way to go.  Keep up the good work, your doing great so far! 

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Most Active