H. Pylori Treatment and follow up question

Considering_It
on 12/5/09 12:38 am
I am post op, waiting for insurance approval for my surgery.

I tested postive for H.Pylori in my bloodwork, and was prescribed a Prevpack for treatment.  The surgical coordinator didn't mention any follow up after the medication to insure it was resolved, and she gave me a prescription for more bloodwork after the antibiotic ****tail is finished.  I did some online research and it seems that the bloodwork will always show positive in bloodwork, even after treatment., and I'm thinking that I should probably get to a gastrointerologist for a breath test after treatment is finished and possibly before I am banded.  The surgical coordiator was not much help, and really didn't know much about what was prescribed or how to follow up... I'm not too happy about that, and a couple of things I won't go into right now.

I was wondering if anyone here had any H. Pylori experience - did you get banded after treatment w/ no follow up to insure that it is gone?  Is the H. Pylori causing any problems for you if you are banded with or without treatment?

TIA!
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/5/09 1:32 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I tested positive for H Pylori, took the meds. and didn't have any follow up after the treatment.  I haven't had any trouble so far.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Considering_It
on 12/5/09 8:34 pm
On December 5, 2009 at 8:38 AM Pacific Time, Considering_It wrote:
I am post op, waiting for insurance approval for my surgery.

I tested postive for H.Pylori in my bloodwork, and was prescribed a Prevpack for treatment.  The surgical coordinator didn't mention any follow up after the medication to insure it was resolved, and she gave me a prescription for more bloodwork after the antibiotic ****tail is finished.  I did some online research and it seems that the bloodwork will always show positive in bloodwork, even after treatment., and I'm thinking that I should probably get to a gastrointerologist for a breath test after treatment is finished and possibly before I am banded.  The surgical coordiator was not much help, and really didn't know much about what was prescribed or how to follow up... I'm not too happy about that, and a couple of things I won't go into right now.

I was wondering if anyone here had any H. Pylori experience - did you get banded after treatment w/ no follow up to insure that it is gone?  Is the H. Pylori causing any problems for you if you are banded with or without treatment?

TIA!
Oops, I meant I'm pre-op....waiting to have surgery!
Most Active