Rants About My Co-Workers and Food

Tana10732
on 12/1/09 12:58 am - Thomasville, NC
I'm sure so many of you can relate...so I am here venting!!!  The holidays are coming up and as you know, we just had Thanksgiving.  WHY DO CO-WORKERS FOCUS ON WHAT I AM EATING???  We had a Thanksgiving dinner in my office.  My co-workers all know that I have been banded.  Why is it they have to make a point to ask what I am eating? Is it good?  Am I full? Are you sure you can eat that? 

I wanna socialize with them and not talk about ME and what I am eating!!!

I am dreading our Christmas meals together as I'll not only be with my unit but the entire county government!!! 

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

Meeky
on 12/1/09 1:34 am - Columbia, SC
My co workers do the same thing and its annoying. They are always checking and looking to see what I am eating. I think they want something to talk about, but my weight loss has been successful so far. I do understand what you are going through. Keep your head up.

wildheart63
on 12/1/09 2:59 am - IL

this was the main reason i told NO-ONE!!!!!
i did not want the food police looking at everything i ate.....tell them that this is your business and if you want an opinion you'll ask. tell them that this journey is not to focus on food , it is to focus on health and that you have other interest's ...so pick one.

good luck

lori

sunshine86
on 12/1/09 4:46 am
Good intentions can be a pain in the ass, can't they?

Sorry you're frustrated. The only person who hassles me about what I eat is my boyfriend.... although he's the one who is stuck listening to me wretch if I eat the wrong thing, so I guess I can't blame him... lol.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

BooLicious
on 12/1/09 6:18 am - PA
That stinks.  If you don't want to offend them I'd kind of laugh and be like "gee guys, think we could focus on somebody else and their eating issues this meal?".  Or something like that.  That really would be annoying.  Your doing great though, so hang in there.  Maybe with Thanksgiving it wore off and no one will care at Christmas...uhhhh, yah!  :) 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

dvolumptious1
on 12/3/09 12:12 am
I get that where ever I go. I couldn't make a secret of it that I was having the surgery because I work in the operating room where my procedure was done. So, everybody eats cheeseburgers and fries, onion rings and such and they watch me eat my yogurt or whatever I'm eating and constantly ask me how much weight I've lost and remind me that when I get baked fish or something, that I need to split my portion. Its totally nerve racking but its a check point for me at the same time.  I don't like it but at the same time I appreciate it because it holds be accountable at all times. Thanksgiving this year was eaten while everyone watched me and asked me how the food felt going down and such so that was nerve racking too.
Tom C.
on 12/3/09 10:43 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

While it IS annoying, I think a lot of people are just curious.

Whenever this happens, I switch it around and think that “these people are really ignorant to my process – so this is a great time to educate them how “we" live with this operation".

So give them a great Christmas gift, and educate them to "our process" - and how we stay successful :D !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active