I don't know how it happened

OneRedKansan41
on 12/1/09 11:26 am
i will soon be joining all of you folks. I have my surgery on December 10th. I am already getting excited. I know that I am ready for this, but I keep wondering how I will feel once I get out of the hospital. How I will feel emotionally. I know how I will feel physically. And I do admit that there is just a tiny bit of sadness for the life I will be leaving behind permanently( the life where I could just stuff myself full of food) Saying goodbye to diabetes medicines.

Life is a Beach
on 11/30/09 8:36 am
As I was vomiting up the Barium stuff from the swallow test I couldn't help but think... I did this to myself!!! Why??? But I realized that deep down I didn't mean just the banding, I meant gaining the weight and eating out of control. So congrats to all of us for gaining control again and making a decision to choose a tool to help ourselves move towards a healthier lifestyle!! :)
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Tom C.
on 12/1/09 12:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

CONGRATS TO ALL MY NEWLY BANDED SIBLINGS!!

What many of you are going through is very normal. Know that I, and many others, are here to help you in any way we can !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Arlene F.
on 12/1/09 12:14 am
Thanks Tom!  It's a journey, thats for sure...
I am still waiting for the love fest to begin.

af
Tana10732
on 12/1/09 12:49 am - Thomasville, NC
It will the stronger and healthier you become, you will begin to love the band and more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!!!  We are all here for you!!!  Welcome to the loser's bench!!!

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

knailnhair
on 12/1/09 4:26 am - Milford, NJ
Congrats to all you newbies!!!! Everything you're experiencing is completely normal!!! Trust me it will get better!!!! Just hollar if you need anything.....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Livewell
on 12/1/09 7:24 am - Chatham, NJ
That's funny!  Glad to hear that the OK board could help you, though.  And, it sounds like they gave you great advice. 

I, too, regretted my band almost immediately and thought "what in the world did I just do?".  My husband and I and our friends all socialized around food.  But, a year later, I can tell you that I couldn't be more grateful for the decision that I made last year.  Our socialization has now shifted to other, more active things and we are all better for it.

The first few weeks are hard, but it does get easier.  Take care and heal well.  Oh, and congratulations!!

Arlene F.
on 12/1/09 7:28 am, edited 12/1/09 7:28 am
Thank you...It's nice to know that I was not the only person who wanted the thing ripped out the day after I got home...And yes, I am grieving about the loss of  "social" food in my life and have to make changes...I guess its a process...and hopefully in a years time, I can puppet what you say with  gratitude and no regrets which  will be the words of the day.

Thanks.
Arlene
Most Active