port site question

noelle64
on 11/25/09 8:56 pm
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE...I HAVE A QUESTION THAT YOU ALL WILL PROBABLY THINK IS REALLY STUPID, BUT WHEN REFERRING TO THE PORT SITE,,,IS THAT THE AFTER CIRCLE LONG INCISION THAT YOU CAN FEEL THE TUBE?  I AM THREE DAYS OUT AND THE BANDAGE CAME OFF MINE AND I WAS FREAKED THAT I COULD FEEL AND SEE THIS TUBE..IS THIS NORMAL AND DO YOU THINK THAT WILL STAY THAT WAY FOREVER?

THANKS

OnThePath
on 11/26/09 3:02 am
the only question that is stupid is the one not asked, especially when it comes to health and wellness!

I can not feel my tube, but i can feel my port... it sticks out a bit as well.
jjenls
on 11/26/09 4:32 am
I don't think I can feel either the port or the tube. I have soreness at the port site, but other than that, nothing. I did read that once you lose weight you may be able to feel the port. Don't know about the tube.
BooLicious
on 11/27/09 1:34 am - PA
If I press and look for my port, I think I can feel and find it.  I have never felt or seen the tube though.  I can't imagine that you really are, it's gotta be something else.  Also, all my incisions are straight...no circle.  You have me curious though now...I'd be calling the Dr. to check.   Let us know how you make out. 

Congrats on your band and surgery btw.  :D

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

wildheart63
on 11/27/09 7:54 am - IL
i don't know what your insides are like so i can't say that it is normal...i cannot feel my tubing ..and the only wayi can feel the port is if i lay down and push....but if you are not feeling comfortable about something call the office and ask....that is what they are there for....\welcome to the bench.....you going to be a loser just like the rest of us!
lori

dvolumptious1
on 11/27/09 11:51 pm
You must have a flat stomach. I didn't even feel my port until after I'd lost over 40 lbs.
teacher150
on 11/29/09 10:29 pm
I cannot see my tube but I can feel it. I can feel it especially on the left side of my bellybutton. It hurts most of the time when I bend or twist to the left. My dr said it would get better. It has been less sore lately so I hope it gets much better as I go along. I am 5 weeks post op. I would give my dr a call. The people in the office are propabaly used to questions of all kinds and are more than happy to help.
Have a wonderful journey!

noelle64
on 11/29/09 10:54 pm
THANIKS EVERYONE...I FEEL LIKE A MORON,,I DON'T KNOW A PORT SITE FROM A TUBE TO MY ELBOW.....I DO KNOW THAT I LOST 13.2 POUNDS IN 6 DAYS..YEAH..I HOPE THAT I CAN KEEP THIS UP..

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING, NOW TODAY BACK TO REALITY....HAVE A GREAT DAY....N
Most Active